Carcass decomposition?

Error_MackroError_Mackro N Join Date: 2015-07-30 Member: 206541Members
I'm going to ask even though I feel like this will probably be implemented without feedback, but we are going to get some corpse decomposition right? For example around a corpse they could spawn a particle effect(they don't actually have to be real creatures to keep it simple) or something of small scavengers that visibly eat the corpse after x amount of time and you could see it slowly decompose into a skeleton and then they disappear with the skeleton sinking to the bottom.

Note I'm not asking for something Gorey, blood can be minimal or they could have no blood and just have the skin recede until nothing but a skeleton of the creature. But I feel like having decomposition adds to the immersion of an underwater habitat and it's better than corpses just rag-dolling until they de-spawn. An example for the benefit is when you have players exploring and they encounter an area with boneshark skeletons you are hinted that a bigger predator is near or passes through the area adding a fear and immersion factor.

Comments

• 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    Maybe have bleeders show up and start draining it, then it would rot away

though finding skeletons would definitely add to the spookiness factor
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    It might be nice if the death of an animal had some kind of fertilisation impact on the ground and helped produce new minerals etc, too. Nice idea.
  • bloodransombloodransom United States Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206616Members
    I mean this idea makes perfect sense, If the carcass is buoyant then you'll get stalkers and top water predators and other fish, and deep below, sharks and bleeders. In our ocean up top its usually sharks and other fish, down below, lots of hagfish, some lampreys etc.
  • Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members
    Since its underwater, the bodies would probably decompose quicker right? Am I wrong?