Haven't seen Reapers yet in 14 h playing

RuskiesRuskies UK Join Date: 2015-07-24 Member: 206372Members
Hi,
You guys have an amazing game going on here. Pretty unique underwater approach and truly scary in certain situations. I really love it!
I just wanted to know if it's normal not to see Reapers yet.. everybody talks about this amazing predators but I just can't find them!
I've been all around the Aurora a few times, in many areas and up to 600 m deep but never found one in the 14 hours I have played.. Is it normal or it's a bug?
thanks for the amazing work!

Comments

• RatskroneRatskrone DE Join Date: 2015-04-05 Member: 203005Members
    My Steam profile says i played SN for more than 280 hours *gulp*.
    Just had my very first confrontation with a reaper today, southwest of the Aurora at about 200 m depth.
    My Seamoth got wasted and i escaped with 2% life. Guess that loading a savegame (exp) prevents reapers from spawning?
  • RuskiesRuskies UK Join Date: 2015-07-24 Member: 206372Members
    Thanks for your reply,
    Ok then looks like it's quite soon for me to encounter one... I'll keep searching :) not sure what you mean with loading savegames.. is not the only way to continue playing where you left?
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    I encountered my first reaper in the first hour of gameplay.

If there is not at least one in the area around the hole you enter the aurora to fix the generators through, I'd say its bugged.
  • SeldkamSeldkam Join Date: 2014-01-01 Member: 191213Members
    The left (especially front left) side of the Aurora is usually where I find them... keep in mind they will actually spawn in and usually only when you're extremely close :P
  • LightdevilLightdevil Austria Join Date: 2015-06-10 Member: 205381Members, Subnautica Playtester
    Seldkam wrote: »
    The left (especially front left) side of the Aurora is usually where I find them... keep in mind they will actually spawn in and usually only when you're extremely close :P

I can only promote this statement..
  • RuskiesRuskies UK Join Date: 2015-07-24 Member: 206372Members
    I've been around the hole where you enter the Aurora a few times and I haven't seen anything.. I'll keep trying! thanks
  • Saffron_bakerSaffron_baker Sweden Join Date: 2015-06-09 Member: 205352Members
    If you swim around the Aurora (at the very edge) you should meet up with one or two!
  • surelbsurelb UNK Join Date: 2015-07-27 Member: 206435Members
    You can also find at least a few in the dunes, basically the empty edges of the map where it's completely white, very low about 300m and below. But they always grab you since there's no cover. If you take a seamoth or swim in from behind the engines along the edge where you can see, you can make at least 4 or 5 reapers spawn by the aurora. If you head right into the hole from the front or the small hole on the side you might only get just 2 to spawn in that area.
  • MediumMatt148MediumMatt148 Join Date: 2015-08-02 Member: 206677Members
    Last place i remember it is right near the piece of ship that has like broken off and you can go in it
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    Benson wrote: »
    I encountered my first reaper in the first hour of gameplay.

If there is not at least one in the area around the hole you enter the aurora to fix the generators through, I'd say its bugged.

You mean at the big open front of the Aurora, or in the
    tumblr_nr4lhqMGiH1ux3ovoo1_500.gif

Because I went straight for the tunnel and there were no reapers around.

I mean I could hear one, but couldn't see it.
    2 spooky