Another large scale scripted event?

BingohasBingohas UK Join Date: 2015-04-20 Member: 203667Members
I think it's widely agreed that the Aurora explosion is epic. Do you guys think there should be one or two more similar events?

Maybe this could be announcing the arrival of a new huge life form of some sort, announced by the Aurora VI voice thingy, the creature making a noise, and a flipper/tentacle/fin piercing the water on the horizon, causing a huge splash.

Comments

• Captain_PyroCaptain_Pyro Germany Join Date: 2015-05-31 Member: 205116Members
    edited May 2015
    Maybe some kind of quest to find out where the mysterious energy wave came from, that caused the aurora to crash. Then the aurora explosion could be step one in a series of events to find out some maybe rather dark secrets of the place you're stuck on.
    How about a defensive system of an old, long dead civilisation or maybe an astronomic phenomenon like a radiation cloud, that might cause creatures to grow multiple times their original size (like floaters for example?)

But the thing had to work with near to no handholding. Gathering the clues yourself would be the most important part.
  • TerraBladeTerraBlade Join Date: 2015-05-25 Member: 204886Members
    Maybe some kind of quest to find out where the mysterious energy wave came from, that caused the aurora to crash. Then the aurora explosion could be step one in a series of events to find out some maybe rather dark secrets of the place you're stuck on.
    How about a defensive system of an old, long dead civilisation or maybe an astronomic phenomenon like a radiation cloud, that might cause creatures to grow multiple times their original size (like floaters for example?)

But the thing had to work with near to no handholding. Gathering the clues yourself would be the most important part.

Yes, if there is a mystery make it an organic one we put together and maybe can debate about in the forums for years to come. This doesn't mean there can't be text logs or alien murals to scan and get the clues from, just don't have the AI explicitly spell it out for us.

As for epic events, I imagine if there were an ancient defensive weapon we had to deal with we could have a timer to get out of the blast area. I was next to the Aurora when it was about to explode, and it was a rush to get to my Seamoth and skedaddle as the ship blew up behind me.