Future upgrades and the Aurora?

TerraBladeTerraBlade Join Date: 2015-05-25 Member: 204886Members
So i've heard that many wouldn't like the idea of having a dead alien civilization that we get upgrades from, ala Metroid. But watching the exploding Aurora I was struck by an idea. What if in that explosion chunks were scattered in the ocean that might have upgrades that are worthy of tracking down? Maybe a comms room where you get the ability to start mapping the ocean, or a power station that lets you recharge power cells? I mean, we already get a big reward for making it into the Aurora by getting the power upgrade for the Cyclops, why stop there?

Comments

• sharvysharvy North Carolina Join Date: 2015-04-28 Member: 203902Members
  • conscioussoulconscioussoul Canada Join Date: 2015-05-17 Member: 204607Members, Subnautica Playtester
    It's a great idea!
  • Squeal_Like_A_PigSqueal_Like_A_Pig Janitor Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 66Members, Super Administrators, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer
    edited May 2015
    There's going to be large explorable chunks of debris that came from the Aurora explosion that will be scattered around the world, and likely there will be loot tech upgrades and tech fragments that will be inside those. Also, there will be additional areas and goodies added to the Aurora itself as well.
  • conscioussoulconscioussoul Canada Join Date: 2015-05-17 Member: 204607Members, Subnautica Playtester
    There's going to be large explorable chunks of debris that came from the Aurora explosion that will be scattered around the world, and likely there will be loot tech upgrades and tech fragments that will be inside those. Also, there will be additional areas and goodies added to the Aurora itself as well.

Oooh this is great news!