Ideas for better future

DracoLeeRoseDracoLeeRose Georgia, USA Join Date: 2015-05-25 Member: 204862Members
So, after playing the game three days I have built pretty much everything, seen everything, and swam A LOT, what now? Well thinking of how this game feels and plays I was thinking inputting my thoughts for new items, gear, tech, and so on. I mean this is to be the age of the 22 Century when space travel is possible and so on. Make matter out of lasers and even have a stasis rifle but you cant make a harpoon gun or some sort of robot? Legit<Wut?

Firstly, scanners. A way to see a large scale of the area would be ideal IMHO just since you blindly swim or drive your sub around just hoping to find something interesting. Scanners would EASILY be installed into the cyclops as there is already two computer monitors there in the ships main bridge. On a second thought to scanners perhaps a tracking device sort of tech to perhaps harpoon onto more dangerous creatures like the Reaper Leviathans, so you could at least know where the big bad monster is lurking, besides hearing its blood chilling roars before seeing its four blades of bodily mashing of doom in your face right before its ripped off in a single bite. Just a thought.

Second thought as stated above harpoon gun. Something easy and simple and even basic survival for marine divers. A harpoon gun would be something interesting to have for hunting and defending yourself from creatures like Stalkers so not having to worry so much. With any weapon however, you will have malfunctions, ammo limitations, and yes having a spot to carrying them. Making them the same size as the freeze/stasis rifle would be about right and the ammo being a separate thing as well. So going out would mean a choice, do you save your limited ammo for hunting food or do you use it for taking down big game for survival?

Third thought Weapons in general. Something on the line of defending yourself from creatures like the blood sucking leeches would be nice, maybe upgrading your diving suit to perhaps have a thicker lining or even charging it with a electrifying current to force attackers from nearing you. With such a suit of course you would need to turn it on or off and have a power source so like the sea glide perhaps having your suit as well have a power slot added to aid in its functions. Fuel cell seems to large to fit but a battery to small so adding a new type of power source to power your new suit would be interesting. Solar power cells on your helmet, back, or even the entire suit itself. Just ways of making you a little less defenseless out in the deep dark waters.

Fourth thought Air tank upgrade and longevity. Having multiple tanks is great for longer times in the water exploring in caves and gathering things but it runs out so quickly, and take up so much space for gathering items, so maybe making them last a tad longer would be nice. Adding something of a air filter/reproducer would be cool to think about. Recycle spent O2 into new air for a longer dive and more exploring deeper caves. Perhaps add a spot to the paper doll equip menu of your person for the air tanks instead of them being carried in your on person inventory would be a nice change and free up space for a big item raid as well allowing a air tank amount upgrade for a bigger tank that holds more air for such a new idea. So base tank would be a normal build and the newer tanks cost the same amount plus a little more new items like say Glass+ Silicone= Tank right? Well why not for the upgrade be Tank+Tank+Silicone+Wiring Kit+Chip=Advance Air Tank Re-breather System. Something like that to make the game more in-depth and interesting.

Fifth thought Air bladder...worth the room? Honestly not for me. That one spot it takes up seems better used for medical kit or one more gold bar than having a rather same speed as just holding space bar item to ascend to the surface. Perhaps make the air bladder another on person equip item to the suit would be better IMHO.

Sixth thought Base home or not. Make the base bigger and nicer with larger rooms, perhaps some nice decor features like potted plants or even a aquarium since plenty of sea life to make such a wonder thing. Not really a big "OMG GOTTA HAVE IT IN GAME NAOW!" But just a thought to brighten up your rather boring and lonely life stuck on this water world. Reading some other forums and others that posted on the idea asking for something of a companion bot, not a bad idea to be honest would indeed make life on this planet a little more enjoyable. I read the thought for updates of making a moon space dome Seamoth docking port thing add on but a large blank open room so I could make a plentiful amount of lockers to store and hoard items for later use would be pretty awesome.

Most important the bugs. Items disappearing when loading back up the game. That REALLY needs to be fixed before adding anything new since well I dont think going through all the trouble getting all the items to make this new thing and have it just not being there when I come back is a good thing. I know when I went into the ship and got the item to make the subs power levels a lot stronger (200% and still drinks power like a fish) I was HAPPY, BUT, when I load up the game the next day it was GONE! I was rather bummed since I went through hell to get into the ship and hell getting back out. Dieing four times to the Reaper thanks to odd outer body pulls from the cyclops, being caught before making it back into the sub or just being killed by the crab things and being re-spawned back at the escape pod made that item a trophy and now.....its gone forever. So that item needs to be something I can either craft OR be re-given back to all players since I am sure I am not the only person to have such a treasure ripped from my water pruned fingers.

TL;DR Scanners, Harpoon gun, Tracking device system for monsters, Air tank upgrades so to last longer and hold more air, Air bladder yay or nay make an equip on suit, Base to be bigger, better, stronger, harder, and lastly BUG FIX ON SUB UPGRADE so items stop disappearing on game load.

Comments

• SkizomeuhSkizomeuh France Join Date: 2015-04-29 Member: 203939Members
    In Experimental build, the workbench can upgrade your air tanks (in high capacity or lighter weight - but still 4 slots sized - flavors).

As for scanners, I hope they'll go for something a little more fun and engaging than just an "arrow" to follow.

About bases. We'll have glass hallways sections and the moon pool in the incoming update. They'll integrate bigger room sections later in the next update. Can't wait to be able to make more complex bases!

I'm really looking forward DNA analyzer/sampler addition, and all the gameplay it'll add.
  • conscioussoulconscioussoul Canada Join Date: 2015-05-17 Member: 204607Members, Subnautica Playtester
    harpoon gun. Weapons in general.
    The dev have already stated that subnautica is to be a non-violent game, so there is an effort put on not turning this into a first person shooter.
    And I like it, it's refreshing.
    Air bladder...worth the room? Honestly not for me.
    It has saved my life more than once.
    I think it is meant for before you get a seaglide or a seamoth.
    For many players discovering the game, it can be quite a while before you get these better items to go fast to teh surface or to refresh your air.
    Make the base bigger and nicer with larger rooms, perhaps some nice decor features like potted plants or even a aquarium since plenty of sea life to make such a wonder thing.
    New base sections are coming very soon to the next release. I agree it leaves more room (ha ha!) to improvement.
    Aquariums are also coming eventually, from what I saw in the experimental branch.
    Items disappearing when loading back up the game.
    Expect this when you are playing in experimental. As new items and major changes are added, it WILL break your save game. Such is life!
    If you can't live with that, play the regular early access game.
  • Simking124Simking124 Canada Join Date: 2015-05-16 Member: 204542Members
    I Agree with the point that things are needed to enhance your "lonely and rather boring life on this water world". We REALLY need some items to fix/reduce the effects of loneliness. I know some have said that loneliness is the point, but NO. Loneliness equals people stop playing.
  • FalconiusenFalconiusen Join Date: 2015-05-28 Member: 204992Members
    edited May 2015
    Make the base bigger and nicer with larger rooms, perhaps some nice decor features like potted plants or even a aquarium since plenty of sea life to make such a wonder thing.
    New base sections are coming very soon to the next release. I agree it leaves more room (ha ha!) to improvement.
    Aquariums are also coming eventually, from what I saw in the experimental branch.

BASE ELEVATOR IDEA:
    I have looked around a bit. I want to suggest, for the base sections. an elevator tube. It could look more or less like just a vertical piece of seabase with an elevator platform at the bottom. As you add sections on to it, it increases the height/depth. There would be a call button/entry upgrade to the tubes (kinda like the windows, hatches and reinforcements) to add a call button. the call button could just pull the elevator to the tube the button upgrade is on, so you can easily have multiple levels, and the elevator platform itself could have a control on it (say, waist high on a stick) for to move the elevator up or down one tube with the call button upgrade on it.

the elevator, of course, uses some power from the base generator.

you could expand the elevator system to a moving floor system relatively simply.
    also if they used the currently being developed glass sections. you could have some really cool looking scenery as you go from section to section.

I also want to show interest in a cyclops seabase docking mechanism/upgrade.

anyways just my 2cents worth.
  • SkizomeuhSkizomeuh France Join Date: 2015-04-29 Member: 203939Members
    I am yet to test the current generators, but couldn't it be possible to use these as transportation tools?
  • FalconiusenFalconiusen Join Date: 2015-05-28 Member: 204992Members
    Potentially, But you'd have to exit the base to use them and only go one direction. Although I havent played much with them either. I was thinking of it as a way to sorta use the base power for something else and be able to travel around inside easier. 

I'm kinda thinking underwater bases like SeaQuest DSV.