Colony life and "hello"

Yama1291Yama1291 Switzerland Join Date: 2015-04-19 Member: 203630Members
I'm new around these parts, so a very *gargled* underwater "Hello" to you all.

I was wondering about something:
Will there eventually be restrictions on how you can get around and settle down in certain depths?
I understand perfectly well that this is early access and I'm only making this post to maybe get an idea of where this is going.

From what I understand, having a base on the seafloor would be a lot like settling on the moon, with vehicles that move on the seafloor, pressured hard suits to do maintenance work etc. I'd love to settle down in a fully flushed out biome in depths below 500m and completely forget about the surface.

I hope this didn't end up in the wrong spot. Thank you for reading.

Cheers
Yama

Comments

• ZergonuzZergonuz USA Join Date: 2015-04-08 Member: 203114Members
    edited April 2015
    Currently the only restrictions mentioned that I have heard/experienced are the depth of the subs. I would assume they are going to integrate a depth limit for the character outside of vessels as soon as they have more of the game nailed down.

The Cyclops has a depth limit where it will be vulnerable to collision damage, and then another depth limit where it will automatically start to lose hull integrity without any collisions. The Seamoth takes all collision damage normally but has no automatic hull integrity limit as of yet.

Additionally radiation from the crash site does hinder your movement dramatically even with a radiation suit (take damage anyway but at reduced rate; not sure if bug but means radiation suit is useless at this point)

Maybe others know more from what the devs have said?