[GLITCH] Exceeding Inventory

SeabottomSeabottom Denmark Join Date: 2015-03-21 Member: 202392Members
edited March 2015 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
I had a full inventory of 2x air tanks and titanium for the rest. It should be noted that I used ITEM TITANIUM 40 as the only cheat here.
I then crafted pipes until I ran out of titanium, and when that happened the pod started shaking like a maniac. Also, my PDA became useless in the process.
To me, it looks like the pod is rotating around some of the pipes that I couldn't fit in my inventory and they happen to spawn outside of the pod for some reason.

I was unable to reproduce the shakiness of the pod, but the pipes spawn outside the pod at all times if the inventory has been exceeded

r9aMDon.jpg

Comments

• ConfusedConfused Wait. What? Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12904Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester
    The shakiness is probably to be expected, overlapping physics objects tend to do that.

The bug should be fixable in game by simply picking up the pipes so its not really a huge deal..

I'll put a bug in, but since dropping pipes is how they get deployed right now I'm not sure it will ever get fixed.
  • Gr4pheneGr4phene Germany Join Date: 2015-03-05 Member: 201731Members
    This doesn't need a fix because you can't reproduce this glitch without cheating. In my opinion the exceeding inventory glitch needs to be fixed, because this would solve the other issues too. If you request 40 titanium, you should only get as much as fits in your inventory.
  • SeabottomSeabottom Denmark Join Date: 2015-03-21 Member: 202392Members
    Nono, I did request 40 titanium as I didn't know how much would fit in it. The excess titanium where dropped as usual. The problem here is that the pipes are dropped as well when they are created but dropping them is the mechanism to deploy them as well.
  • Gr4pheneGr4phene Germany Join Date: 2015-03-05 Member: 201731Members
    Oh so the problem is that you can craft 5 pipes with 3 titanium, so everytime you craft pipes with a full inventory, two pipes drop on the ground in the escape pod and cause a mess. Does the glitch only happen with pipes though? Or are there other items as well where this happens? Try flares!
  • ConfusedConfused Wait. What? Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12904Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester
    Basically, the problem is that items are dropped as you noted. the problem is that the pipes are stationary and deploy on drop. This causes the pod to be stuck on a pipe like a needle sticking into a tomato. There is a bug report in for it now. However since there isn't really something else to do if the inventory is full, it may never get fixed.