will there be more other submarine vehicles or just upgrades for seamoth/cyclops?

MisterYoonMisterYoon Join Date: 2012-08-18 Member: 155747Members
(i'm not talking about upcoming equipments like Exosuits)

Are you planning to give us more large submarine vehicles? Or just upgrades for Cyclops which will make us be able to explore certain places?

Comments

• warbrand2warbrand2 Join Date: 2010-12-13 Member: 75657Members
    I personally hope they add something like this
    article-2321800-19B0ED2B000005DC-398_634x418.jpg

Though what I am hoping for is something larger with a moon pool on the bottom.
  • TartarinTartarin France Join Date: 2015-03-15 Member: 202162Members
    I really prefer a hovercraft. It can be ad the capacity to dock with the cyclops, and even if love swimming, the human is a terrestrial creature and need the direct impact of son beam to function correctly. and I'm a bit anoyed with my skin crumpled :p
    And an airship...
    Ok sorry I'm out ^^
  • ZourinZourin White Castle Join Date: 2015-02-27 Member: 201577Members
    There's an exosuit being planned, which looks more like a subnautican version of the cargo-lifter from Aliens that skips leg day.
  • VandragoraxVandragorax United Kingdom Join Date: 2015-02-24 Member: 201533Members, Subnautica Playtester
    And an airship...

Hell yes! :D
  • dargor5dargor5 USA Join Date: 2015-03-15 Member: 202192Members
    Zourin wrote: »
    There's an exosuit being planned, which looks more like a subnautican version of the cargo-lifter from Aliens that skips leg day.

If there is going to be an exo suit then we Must have an underwater Kevin Spacey.

Ups wrong game
  • The_Big_Bad_W8lfThe_Big_Bad_W8lf England Join Date: 2015-03-15 Member: 202178Members
    I think one of the best chances of this game getting even more attention is if they look and work on ideas given by people who have been playing the game as they are doing :), They are doing such a great Job. I personally believe in the future there will be a large range of vehicles and DLC...I hope ;)
  • Reinforced_UnicornReinforced_Unicorn Sweden Join Date: 2015-03-18 Member: 202289Members
    You know what would be really cool? An extremely large variety of "base-building-stuff" for example a big hangar where you can park multiple submarines, 2 or three maybe.

And the ability to kill things >:D
    Cuz we all know that killing is what makes a game perfect, and the graphics, and the world, and the AI.....sooo...killing. yes? no?
  • TartarinTartarin France Join Date: 2015-03-15 Member: 202162Members
    Agree with a wide range of base structure : cube or spherical structure (with, say, three size), a mineshaft zone (with tracks and drills), structures mainly designed for non-water building (aircraft landing, boat dock, radio tower, intruments for meteo, windmill (energy), solar panel) etc...)
  • FireclawFireclaw oopboop Join Date: 2015-02-06 Member: 201235Members

Cuz we all know that killing is what makes a game perfect, and the graphics, and the world, and the AI.....sooo...killing. yes? no?

Well, the game isn't really meant to be about killing, besides, that's such a human response o3o "Let's kill it because we can!"

The game is meant to be about research and exploration, not crash landing on an alien planet where the player isn't particularly welcomed and doesn't even belong and just going around slaughtering things.

I'd like to see another type of sub. Because apparently the seamoth is going to have a depth limit and the cyclops is basically meant to be a mobile base and is big and clunky and kinda hard to maneuver.

Perhaps something a little bigger than the seamoth but smaller than the cyclops that can go pretty deep, but something you could park and move around inside of, like a smaller cyclops xD
  • SeldkamSeldkam Join Date: 2014-01-01 Member: 191213Members
    No airships, please ... Unless this became aeronautica overnight, id be OK with a hovercraft but not a dedicated plane
  • MisterYoonMisterYoon Join Date: 2012-08-18 Member: 155747Members
    Fireclaw wrote: »

Well, the game isn't really meant to be about killing, besides, that's such a human response o3o "Let's kill it because we can!"

The game is meant to be about research and exploration, not crash landing on an alien planet where the player isn't particularly welcomed and doesn't even belong and just going around slaughtering things.

I'd like to see another type of sub. Because apparently the seamoth is going to have a depth limit and the cyclops is basically meant to be a mobile base and is big and clunky and kinda hard to maneuver.

Perhaps something a little bigger than the seamoth but smaller than the cyclops that can go pretty deep, but something you could park and move around inside of, like a smaller cyclops xD

If you check Trello, they are working on Flinching and Death of fishes.
    I'm also pretty sure we should kill or fight (or avoid) many monsterous creature in the future, in order to explore certain places or in order to dig some rare resources out.

Fighting against things like Leviathan or Shocker would be awesome.
  • SeldkamSeldkam Join Date: 2014-01-01 Member: 191213Members
    Oh, no that's probably not because of weapons that will do that, mainly other creatures I'll bet-- though there is always the knife if you feel so enclined
  • RequiemfangRequiemfang Join Date: 2015-02-22 Member: 201492Members
    MisterYoon wrote: »

Fighting against things like Leviathan or Shocker would be awesome.

With a diving knife... eh NOPE. One of those things could deep fry you with electricity while the other would probably brush it off as if it were a nat biting it.
  • FireclawFireclaw oopboop Join Date: 2015-02-06 Member: 201235Members
    I think they're probably planning to add an actual predatory system into the game, Stalkers already eat Peepers, but I'm sure they might program Stalkers to tackle bigger prey, like the weird little Octopus-fish thing they plan on adding.

If this turns into a game where you can kill things just for the heck of it, I'll be seriously disappointed, because, as I said, it's already a very human response to kill things just because they can be killed.

Building things like deterrents and such to keep larger predators away as one thing (I'd like to deter the Stalkers from hanging around my base and attacking me the minute I step foot outside -_-) But this game needs to remain in the style of scientific exploration, simply based on the style of game it is already and combat/killing does not fit that kind of game.
  • SCARASSSCARASS Srbija Join Date: 2015-03-07 Member: 201812Members
  • escapezeppelinescapezeppelin USA Join Date: 2015-02-24 Member: 201534Members
    I believe there are modular upgrade slots planned for the Cyclops to expand it's versatility as the game progresses. Like you can add a bunch of speed upgrades to cruise around quickly or swap those out for some hull strength ones and dive deep.
  • Toothbrush123Toothbrush123 U.S.A Join Date: 2015-02-11 Member: 201313Members
    SCARASS wrote: »
    CS7U

That looks awesome! I like the little drill it has in its hand.
    I believe there are modular upgrade slots planned for the Cyclops to expand it's versatility as the game progresses. Like you can add a bunch of speed upgrades to cruise around quickly or swap those out for some hull strength ones and dive deep.

I was wondering if the Cyclops would always be stuck at 200ft, I hope they do add some hull strength options, because it would be pretty nifty to have a moving underwater base really far beneath the surface.