Idea - Above water base with a type of elevator linked to your under water base & under ground base.

NagvalkNagvalk South Africa Join Date: 2015-03-04 Member: 201697Members
What about a Base that you can build on top of the water may be a floating base that you can anchor with cables to the seafloor.
As well as link a elevator or diving bell to your under water base.

And with the underground base maybe you can build a structure on the seafloor that allows you to dig underground and construct a under ground base maybe even to construct a type of hanger in a cliff face for the Cyclops.

Comments

• DavycannonhoundDavycannonhound Join Date: 2015-02-24 Member: 201527Members
    Floating base sounds pretty cool. Not sure how I feel about the underground one though. I think some sort of docking clamp would be easier than a hanger for the cyclops.
  • ZourinZourin White Castle Join Date: 2015-02-27 Member: 201577Members
    I remember them discussing surface storms and the like. I can imagine it would make long term surface development dangerous for one or two people to manage and maintain, since the focus of progression is in going deeper. Which makes sense since it's not an infinite/procedural world. Safest place to be is underwater; the deeper, the better. Shallow zones are remarkably vulnerable to large waves (and Tsunami's) since the pressure waves are 'forced' up and over them, and vehicles are lightning rods. Shoals help protect coastlines, but they aren't any better a place to be than an unprotected shore.
    Zourin wrote: »
    I remember them discussing surface storms and the like. I can imagine it would make long term surface development dangerous for one or two people to manage and maintain, since the focus of progression is in going deeper. Which makes sense since it's not an infinite/procedural world. Safest place to be is underwater; the deeper, the better. Shallow zones are remarkably vulnerable to large waves (and Tsunami's) since the pressure waves are 'forced' up and over them, and vehicles are lightning rods. Shoals help protect coastlines, but they aren't any better a place to be than an unprotected shore.

It isn't infinite?
  • Gr4pheneGr4phene Germany Join Date: 2015-03-05 Member: 201731Members
    It isn't infinite?

Currently, the world size is 4km*4km, which is big enough but not infinite. For an impression of the seemingly small size, look at a Minecraft map of 4000*4000 blocks. This is a huge size for Minecraft maps, and the same goes for Subnautica. I think that you wouldn't want to go so far away anyway because you can find everything in a 1km radius.
    Gr4phene wrote: »
    It isn't infinite?

Currently, the world size is 4km*4km, which is big enough but not infinite. For an impression of the seemingly small size, look at a Minecraft map of 4000*4000 blocks. This is a huge size for Minecraft maps, and the same goes for Subnautica. I think that you wouldn't want to go so far away anyway because you can find everything in a 1km radius.

So how exactly would it just end? Especially if it goes to like 3000+ m in depth?

• Gr4pheneGr4phene Germany Join Date: 2015-03-05 Member: 201731Members
    Gr4phene wrote: »
    It isn't infinite?

So how exactly would it just end? Especially if it goes to like 3000+ m in depth?

I don't know, I only dived to 1000m at the world border. I think it goes infinitely far down, but some players complained about the game crashing at >2000m. Behind the world border there is just open ocean with nothing in it, so you can go infinitely far, but there is just nothing to see.
  • SCARASSSCARASS Srbija Join Date: 2015-03-07 Member: 201812Members
    edited March 2015