Stalker / Bone Shark speed increase?

MisterYoonMisterYoon Join Date: 2012-08-18 Member: 155747Members

Hello.

As you all have noticed, Stalkers and Bone Sharks are so friendly so that they don't chase us with their full speed, instead they adjust their swim speed to the human's.
Very friendly.

Kidding.

I anyway think it's because we normally have no way to escape at the moment, if they swim with full speed(they can actually swim at least as fast as seamoth).

But i would like to see as soon as possible that they chase players with awesome swimming skills and speeds and eat us if we don't do anything intelligently.
As they always adjust their swim speed to ours, they aren't scary at all.

Comments

• DavycannonhoundDavycannonhound Join Date: 2015-02-24 Member: 201527Members
    edited March 2015
    I see your point. Stalkers could be a bit faster. Sandsharks I don't think need to be faster, but instead maybe harder to spot under the sand (it's pretty obvious where they are with the sand flying everywhere at once where they are buried). Instead of sand dispersing everywhere maybe just a lumb traveling in the ground, or instead of that the sand throwing we normally see but only when they are moving.
  • SeldkamSeldkam Join Date: 2014-01-01 Member: 191213Members
    bonesharks aren't sandsharks, agree on both points
  • KoruyoKoruyo AUT Join Date: 2009-06-06 Member: 67724Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited March 2015
    I don't think they need to be faster when chasing after a player, because they don't try to hunt you but instead try to intimidate you to leave the area.
    Sure it should bite you, if you don't back off...

So unless its a wanted gameplay mechanic - the speed is fine.

If they start to really hunt you all-in/full speed(which they wouldn't because humans were not ever part of their food plan), it needs to be obvious that they will do that, e.g. predator fishys are hungry at dawn/night(which btw. in reality sharks don't do, they hunt and eat whenever possible) or they start to circle you for some time before attacking, so you get time to give them some fish/or leave in your seamoth or whatever.

• ZourinZourin White Castle Join Date: 2015-02-27 Member: 201577Members
    edited March 2015
    Oh the SOB's hunt you down. I can't tell you how many games where I've had a pack of bonesharks in the shallows right on top of me, or swarms of stalkers deciding to gnaw my arms and legs off all at once.

They don't need speed, they're obnoxious all on their own as it is. Stalkers already venture out of the kelp forests regularly and getting bitten is routine, especially in the beds where they'll chase you all the way to the surface to nip your ankles off. About the best I can do is juke a lone stalker or feed it. Bonesharks won't give up, even if you're in the seamoth or pod.
    Ehh really? I guess I'll have to come back and comment after I get around to playing some more, cause I"ve NEVER had issues just weaving around the predators (aside from crashers)
  • RequiemfangRequiemfang Join Date: 2015-02-22 Member: 201492Members
    This is why I carry fish with me... give two of them to stalkers and you can have a school of them following you... and they don't attack. Giving 2 fishes to them (they eat out of your hand) and it pacifies them.
    Wait why would you? I'm just curious
  • RequiemfangRequiemfang Join Date: 2015-02-22 Member: 201492Members
    lol so they don't attack me I suppose... otherwise... just for shets and giggles XD
  • ZourinZourin White Castle Join Date: 2015-02-27 Member: 201577Members
    It takes a little work and time, but it's doable. Just go down, grab a bunch of hoverfish and keep them in hand. You'll get bullied a lot, and maybe bit if you run out of fish, but it makes the kelp forests a lot easier to navigate around.