Cyclops Progress Update - Subnautica

SystemSystem Join Date: 2013-01-29 Member: 182599Members, Super Administrators, Reinforced - Diamond

imageCyclops Progress Update - Subnautica

Setting ambitious objectives is a great way to push yourself harder. Even if a high-jumper hits a high bar, they are likely to have jumped to a greater height than...

Read the full story here

Comments

• ComproxComprox *chortle* Canada Join Date: 2002-01-23 Member: 7Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    And let the flood of comments open (eh? eh?)
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited January 2015
    Comprox wrote: »
    And let the flood of comments open (eh? eh?)

No, closing this thread and banning @Comprox we all know he had it coming for a while now and this joke was the last drop (hmm?) :-\"
  • ComproxComprox *chortle* Canada Join Date: 2002-01-23 Member: 7Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    To give you an idea of the kind of bugs that are being worked on...

• Sir_zinoSir_zino England Join Date: 2014-10-09 Member: 198901Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Looks good! can't wait to cruise around the sea's in my cyclops.
  • gallantzirocoolgallantzirocool usa Join Date: 2015-01-30 Member: 201122Members
    ah really looking forward to the cyclops
  • WanderdueneWanderduene Germany Join Date: 2014-10-31 Member: 199229Members
    This is awesome. I will enjoy this game so heavy when the cyclops is in :D
  • Racer1Racer1 Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9615Members
    So if I sink my cyclops but survive (e.g. via the seamoth or escape pod/etc), can I later go back to salvage it? Swim around in it to patch the holes and pump air back in? Tow it back to the surface? ...or will I have to get all of the resources to build a new one?
    @Racer1 You can go in later and fix all the holes. It will slowly auto-drain at that point and you can drive it away.
  • SeldkamSeldkam Join Date: 2014-01-01 Member: 191213Members
    hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    You know what they say, the anticipation of something is usually better than receiving it!

Meaning I'm glad you guys didn't rush it out or strip features or whatever and just straight up said "we need more time"
  • RobotB9RobotB9 Anchorage, AK Join Date: 2016-06-01 Member: 217938Members
    I have a few ideas which may add to the usability and purpose of the Cyclops.

1. Solar Power Option:
    Perhaps an upgrade which adds animated folding Solar Panels to the top of the Cyclops
    Submersible - just behind the Conning Tower - along with a (slow) recharge effect added to
    the onboard Power Cells. This Panel would only be useable while Surfaced, and never while
    directly under another object. In fact, the Cyclops would deploy these panels automatically and
    only:
    1. When the player is not currently piloting the Cyclops Submersible.
    2. In an area that is spacious enough and under direct sunlight with nothing in the way.
    3. Surfaced and during Daylight Hours.
    2. Water Collection Systems
    This System would consist of a machine similar to the Water Filter - as an Upgrade or a buildable
    item, take your pick - at only one place in the Submersible (For Instance, Maybe on the side of
    the Ramped Corridor, incorporated into the Pipe Network. It would produce a few Resources:
    1. Filtered Water (Same item that can be crafted from "Air Sacks.")
    2. Crystalline Salt (Smaller versions of Salt Deposits, 3 can be Fabricated into Salt
    Deposits)
    3. Power Draw (A small amount of Power is drawn from the Filtration Process. The
    Machine can be switched On/Off Via a small panel next to it, much like the panel on
    for the Interior/Exterior Lighting on the Bridge.
    3. Nuclear Power Option:
    Just behind the Seamoth Submersible Dock, in front of the Wall in front of the Engine Room, is an
    area of space just waiting for something important! Perhaps it would be a perfect area for a
    Nuclear Power Plant to exist. It would be a bit smaller than the Nuclear Power Plant available for
    Multipurpose Rooms, but preferably built with the Builder Tool. It would charge the Power Cells
    at a slow rate, and create just enough energy to completely cover the Power Draw, No More, No
    Less. Regardless, it would require a few components in order to work properly:
    1. Reactor Rod - 4 Slots.
    2. A Water Collection System to be built in place.

Of course, the only ideas that I am completely satisfied with would be the first two, the Third just being there to be there. But I would definitely like to see the first two in the next short while. Regardless, thank you for hearing me out, and I hope that at least one or two of these ideas gets "Put out to Market" instead of "Put out to Pasture." Thanks for being so Awesome, Unknown Worlds! Keep going at this - it's a great idea that, I'm sure, will blossom into an Epic Future. Best of Luck!

- Robot B9