Animal tagging tool

Peacema8kerPeacema8ker United States Join Date: 2015-01-21 Member: 200967Members
Tagging and tracking animals to find out where they nest to collect eggs. Could find it by accident but this will speed up the process. Then you can hatch in holding tanks for experiments that give you upgrade or progress toward a upgrade for your exosuit. Be a nice carrot on a stick for gameplay.

Comments

• ExsulExsul Florida, USA Join Date: 2015-01-26 Member: 201060Members
    I was thinking of a tag/sensor gun to record animal information into a codex. The more specimens of the same species or the more time that an animal remains tagged, the more information gets updated in the codex.

-Location/Depth Information
    -Diets and Day/Night activities
    -Predators and Diet
    -Interesting characteristics
    -etc.
  • SeldkamSeldkam Join Date: 2014-01-01 Member: 191213Members
    I thought I saw this in the Trello somewhere? not totally sure, but definitely a cool idea... I just think it needs to be created only if the mechanics are there to make the tool useful.
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    I'd like to see the tagging/tracking tool (and the animal database that comes with it) be used in conjunction with the transfuser!

Something like the more info you gather, the more options you have to get animal-specific characteristics! Or maybe even combine them with others to even more interesting ideas!

Pretty much, I think that a "poke-dex" of sorts would be amazing, but only if it has some gratifying results.
  • SeldkamSeldkam Join Date: 2014-01-01 Member: 191213Members
    ^This... I think the game should focus slightly more on the animals than the player's equipment and vehicles