Rework Gorge tunnel hitbox (or model/animation)

RedSwordRedSword Join Date: 2006-12-07 Member: 58947Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
edited May 2013 in Ideas and Suggestions
Hi,

today I played and on the map refinery (well; the map with Chasm beside Containment).

I encountered a gorge tunnel that I could see, but not hit it. I was on the box shown on the 2nd image. If I wanted to actually hit the gorge tunnel, I had to jump; but doing so made me fall (because of the ceiling not horizontal) ==> low damage ==> over9000 years to kill. The ceiling isn't the problem.

I believe that when seeing something like shown on the 2 other images, you should be able to hit it. I suggest either making the hitboxes on the gorge tunnel bigger or "flattening" (making less high) its animation. I love the gorge tunnel as entity as it is, but its hitboxes in that specific scenario made me disapointed :( .

Another way to solve that would be to prevent gorges from making tunnel at that area (I mean by this to rework the map, not limit the gorge in itself); but that wouldn't solve the same problem from happening in another map.

iMad

Comments

• KelrathKelrath Join Date: 2013-06-03 Member: 185459Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    I had a similar thing happen in Docking on that ledge on the south wall of Terminal. We could see the tunnel while standing on Landing Pad, but no shots would register. I think it has to do with shooting UP at the tunnel. Like the hitbox is not a box, but a square that looks for bullets coming from above. A minor bug, but worthy of a fix at some point. (It was pretty hilarious to have a constant stream of skulks raining from the sky though :) )