Removal Of Tf Electrification

raqualevangelraqualevangel Join Date: 2004-02-11 Member: 26435Members
1)as of now, other than spit, two hive skulks, any hive lerks and one hive gorgs have no way to take turret factories down. other than a very long process of bite, heal, bite, heal.

turret factories are surrounded in turrets. electrification is overkill. marines should be able to replace turrets that are destroyed and have a marine check outposts for blind spots on turret farms.

additionaly:
2)if not a removal than half range and limit it to one target (do this to both anyway). electrification shouldn't be set and forget, it should be set and worry less. two or three players should be able to take an electrified structure down. especially since that is going to be a very large portion of the team.

marines have mines in addition to electrification.

not to mention is much much much easier to fortify and defend an marine rt compared to a alien rt. especially when phase gates outdo aliens mobility.

3)i would also like to see building radiuses removed outright. except for maybe CC's. however any marine team that builds a cc wall is wasting a lot of res and most likely losing or has an absurd amount of res and are going to win anyway.

i numbered sections just to make responses easier.

Comments

• AlignAlign Remain Calm Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5216Forum Moderators, Constellation
    3) The building radius is there for the sake of the marines on the ground, not the aliens- bonsai bases were hard to navigate without getting telefragged by the IPs for example.
  • raqualevangelraqualevangel Join Date: 2004-02-11 Member: 26435Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-Align+Mar 20 2004, 02:06 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Align @ Mar 20 2004, 02:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> 3) The building radius is there for the sake of the marines on the ground, not the aliens- bonsai bases were hard to navigate without getting telefragged by the IPs for example. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    i thought we didn't make gameplay changes to suit poor decisionmaking and playing

meaning comms should know better.
  • KwilKwil Join Date: 2003-07-06 Member: 17963Members
    I dunno..

TF electrification makes sense to me. True, a TF has its own means of defense, but as it powers the rest of them, it also makes sense that its defenses would be a little "harder" than the average marine structure.

What I would like to see is electrifying the TF costing a bit more resources than it does currently. Make it more of a decision for the marines.
  • ForlornForlorn Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2634Banned
    Want to kill electrification?

Tech up, and keep marines from expanding.
  • civman2civman2 Join Date: 2002-11-03 Member: 6116Members, Constellation
    elec sucks. unless you're locking down a hive there's no way you can hold a tf on the frontlines for the 60? seconds it takes to elec unless the marines are owning you anyways.
  • ForlornForlorn Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2634Banned
    <!--QuoteBegin-civman2+Mar 20 2004, 05:03 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (civman2 @ Mar 20 2004, 05:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> elec sucks. unless you're locking down a hive there's no way you can hold a tf on the frontlines for the 60? seconds it takes to elec unless the marines are owning you anyways. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    It's only 30 seconds....
  • DaxxDaxx Join Date: 2002-04-16 Member: 460Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    Provided the Marines frolic off and leave that turret factory alone, one Fade is all you need to take it down.
  • civman2civman2 Join Date: 2002-11-03 Member: 6116Members, Constellation
    <!--QuoteBegin-Forlorn+Mar 21 2004, 12:03 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Forlorn @ Mar 21 2004, 12:03 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> It's only 30 seconds.... <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Aren't RTs 60? I thought it was less than that but I wasn't sure.
  • Trent_HawkinsTrent_Hawkins Join Date: 2003-03-25 Member: 14875Members
    I always just thought (when the idea was first passed around) that electricity in turret factories should not be compatible with seiges. I have no idea how this could be explained story-wise; but since 2.0, I've wondered how it would effect the balance if you could only research seige tech or electricity, on any particular TF.

Personally, I've always felt the Electricity was too strong; that a group of 4 skulks should be able to, barely, take it down themselves (assuming no turrets were placed). But I do see everyone's point that you just need to get a regen fade (preferably, but any-old fade will do), as they tend to occur rather early in the game.
  • Gold_LeaderGold_Leader Join Date: 2003-06-16 Member: 17403Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-civman2+Mar 20 2004, 08:46 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (civman2 @ Mar 20 2004, 08:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-Forlorn+Mar 21 2004, 12:03 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Forlorn @ Mar 21 2004, 12:03 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> It's only 30 seconds.... <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Aren't RTs 60? I thought it was less than that but I wasn't sure. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    RT electrification time is 30 seconds as well...
  • ZekZek Join Date: 2002-11-10 Member: 7962Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited March 2004
    TBH I think TF elec is basically useless unless marines have a bunch of extra res to waste. It doesn't really need to be there, but it certainly isn't overpowered.
  • Cereal_KillRCereal_KillR Join Date: 2002-10-31 Member: 1837Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-Trent Hawkins+Mar 21 2004, 08:06 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Trent Hawkins @ Mar 21 2004, 08:06 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I always just thought (when the idea was first passed around) that electricity in turret factories should not be compatible with seiges. I have no idea how this could be explained story-wise; <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    "The electric consumption of the siege cannons are so high that the factory has to work at a very stressful load. Because of these limitations, the TSA hasn't yet been able to use the electrification defense on a siege-modified factory while being able to use it in a stable condition. The risk of overheat and explosion have rendered this too dangerous to be used by commanders and is not available on the frontline due to the lack of electric supplement'

I don't think the elec is that much of a problem. It's quite expensive as it is already, that whether aliens are being bothered by an elec TF means that either they have wasted time, or the marines are already dominating.
  • CxwfCxwf Join Date: 2003-02-05 Member: 13168Members, Constellation
    I could go with that...choosing whether to upgrade your TF to an Electric TF or an Advanced TF. I don't have a real problem with TF electrification to begin with, mostly because it does the same damage as RT elec for the same cost but has less than 1/2 the health. If RT elec is balanced, then TF elec cant possibly be overpowered.
  • ThrillhouseThrillhouse Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3178Members, Constellation
    edited March 2004
    <!--QuoteBegin-raqualevangel+Mar 20 2004, 07:03 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (raqualevangel @ Mar 20 2004, 07:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> 1)as of now, other than spit, two hive skulks, any hive lerks and one hive gorgs have no way to take turret factories down. other than a very long process of bite, heal, bite, heal.
    <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Yea, not to mention fades, OCs, bile bomb, onos. Nothing seems to bring those TFs down eh?

<!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->
    turret factories are surrounded in turrets. electrification is overkill. marines should be able to replace turrets that are destroyed and have a marine check outposts for blind spots on turret farms.
    <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Electrifications is not overkill. Unless you're an Onos who cant navigate turrets, you go straight for the TF, not the turrets.

<!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->2)if not a removal than half range and limit it to one target (do this to both anyway). electrification shouldn't be set and forget, it should be set and worry less. two or three players should be able to take an electrified structure down. especially since that is going to be a very large portion of the team.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

For something that costs 30 res but can be taken down pretty easily, I dont think 'Lecting needs to be nerfed.

<!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->
    marines have mines in addition to electrification.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

If the marines mine their RT, its easy. Get a gorge over there and spit them, or get Carapace skulks to clear them for you.

<!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->not to mention is much much much easier to fortify and defend an marine rt compared to a alien rt. especially when phase gates outdo aliens mobility.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yes, but it's much much much more expensive for the marines to foritfy an RT, that's why you dont see a TF/PG around RTs with the exception of Hives.

<!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->3)i would also like to see building radiuses removed outright. except for maybe CC's. however any marine team that builds a cc wall is wasting a lot of res and most likely losing or has an absurd amount of res and are going to win anyway.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Like Align said, bunched up bases ment IP HA kill. Which isnt fun... Trust me.

Edit:

<!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Want to kill electrification?

Tech up, and keep marines from expanding<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Forlorn wins again!