Monitor Brightness Problem

UbermannUbermann Join Date: 2004-02-01 Member: 25947Members
<div class="IPBDescription">game plays too dark</div> When i go to play NS, as soon as the game loads and im at the main screen my monitor turns dark. i have used the gamma-setting tools in the NS folder, and i even tweeked my adobe gamma loader. Yet for some reason, when i run NS or sometimes even other mods like CS, my screen turns dark. the video options gamma & brightness are max, and outside of the game my monitor is perfect. i noticed some other people had similar issues, but i have not yet found a solution to this problem. please respond with any advice.

-ati radeon 9700 pro
-p4 2.66
-1024 pc2700 ddrsdram
19" non-flat crt monitor
-windows xp pro

Comments

• SKYYSKYY Join Date: 2002-11-27 Member: 10070Members
    edited February 2004
    Yep, I use to rely on powerstrip to change bright/gamma/cont in-game, but since the latest version (3) doesn't let me do that, I say <span style='color:white'>blah-dee-blah-blah</span> NS.

1) I will not play a game when I can't see a goddaamn thing in it.
    2) I will not adjust my monitor's bright/gamma/cont/temp manually every <span style='color:white'>blah-dee-blah-blah</span> time I wanna play NS, and then reset it when I'm done so that all other apps looks like they're supposed to. NS just isn't worth that trouble.
  • Mr_ChucklesMr_Chuckles Join Date: 2003-08-25 Member: 20197Members
    yeah I'm having the same problem, again on a radeon
    but I use a 9600 xt.
    It has a cool feature on it which can change the brightness when you go into a 3d engine. So I make it so I can actually see when I play. It works with any other mod.
    NS however has chosen to override my videocard settings, ever since I got 3.0, I've not played NS, and I used to play it like a mad man!
    My levels are FAR too low for acceptable gameplay, I hope the NS guys figure out why its doing this... I'd like to play the game again.
    I checked the levels in photoshop and its almost all black...
  • ThansalThansal The New Scum Join Date: 2002-08-22 Member: 1215Members, Constellation
    known bug

try going through the bug data base and seeing if its in there

Here is the deal:

this is a beta, if you don't wana play a beta, play 2.0