No Support For Downloadable Gamma

LogicBoxLogicBox Join Date: 2003-10-06 Member: 21484Members
<div class="IPBDescription">help?</div> Ok when i first installed ns with steam, everything was ok untill i noticed that
that error popped up in the begging on the game and when iam in the RR i cannot see anyones name hardly its really dark. When in game i cant see the little icons that pop up in the top right corner like when the comm drops health or a turrent to go build, or the aliens when someone puts down an O chamber. Adn when i get into the comm chair i cant see anything i can see the game just find just not the icons. Please someone help its really annyoing.

Thanks
LogicBox

Comments

• SiliconSilicon Join Date: 2003-02-18 Member: 13683Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-LogicBox+Feb 1 2004, 01:16 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (LogicBox @ Feb 1 2004, 01:16 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Ok when i first installed ns with steam, everything was ok untill i noticed that
    that error popped up in the begging on the game and when iam in the RR i cannot see anyones name hardly its really dark. When in game i cant see the little icons that pop up in the top right corner like when the comm drops health or a turrent to go build, or the aliens when someone puts down an O chamber. Adn when i get into the comm chair i cant see anything i can see the game just find just not the icons. Please someone help its really annyoing.

Thanks
    LogicBox <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    If you have a dual-head video card or one with s-video/tv/etc out, make sure only your main monitor one is turned on and the rest are disabled and that you are using the right+updated monitor and video card drivers.
  • sushibugsushibug Join Date: 2003-01-26 Member: 12788Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-Silicon+Feb 1 2004, 07:43 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Silicon @ Feb 1 2004, 07:43 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-LogicBox+Feb 1 2004, 01:16 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (LogicBox @ Feb 1 2004, 01:16 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Ok when i first installed ns with steam, everything was ok untill i noticed that
    that error popped up in the begging on the game and when iam in the RR i cannot see anyones name hardly its really dark.  When in game i cant see the little icons that pop up in the top right corner like when the comm drops health or a turrent to go build, or the aliens when someone puts down an O chamber.  Adn when i get into the comm chair i cant see anything i can see the game just find just not the icons.  Please someone help its really annyoing.

Thanks
    LogicBox <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    If you have a dual-head video card or one with s-video/tv/etc out, make sure only your main monitor one is turned on and the rest are disabled and that you are using the right+updated monitor and video card drivers. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    i just wanted to say that i have the same problem and my thread is a page or two back. disabling the secondary monitor did nothing to help me personally.
  • zErGhAsEzErGhAsE Join Date: 2004-01-16 Member: 25369Members
    i also have the same problem

the OS is responsible for the fault, because in win2k everything is ok but in 2k3 ive got the gamma problem
    i use the same graphics driver in both (forceware 53.06, dx9b)

i can turn up the gamma by my graphics triber, but
    there are also two other, bigger problems:
    1.the colors in the scoreboard are black for spectator & readyroom (no chance to read on dark grey background) and green for both aliens and marines
    2.all icons are completely black, the buildinfo icons, the scoreboard const, vet etc. icons and the commander icons

someone of the developers plz tell us how the gamma is changed and what is needed by the OS
  • OnepieceOnepiece Join Date: 2003-08-14 Member: 19706Members, Constellation
    I have same problem except i use radeon all in wonder 7500. mine worked fine before. but after i update my video card driver. it doesnt work anymore. help plz??
  • Chunky1000Chunky1000 Join Date: 2004-02-24 Member: 26855Members
    I have the very same problem and i am using W2k.....Help someone!

It was all fine untill i rebuilt my PC, and i'm using all the same drivers ect.... used a ghost image.