Low Fps (graphical Problem)

ArcticwindArcticwind Join Date: 2003-05-28 Member: 16782Members
need some help regarding my fps... i used to have fps like 60+ when ns was still on HL. Recently i started playin it on STEAM and i got some graphic problem on SOME maps.... most of them.. maps like ns_nancy are fine.... so it's not reallie about the size of the maps. pretty sure about it coz co maps are much smaller and i still lag in them.

whenever the number besides fps goes up on the netgraph... my fps drops all the way from 99-30 and slowly drops till below 10 which is basically unplayable... it's not auto update either.. i turned all of them off-ed and tried lotsa ways tweaking... even turning off dynamiclights doesn't help... it's really a turn off how screwy ns has became due to this...

and there's another thing to note... this happens on most servers and some servers allow me to run smoothly without the fps glitch.. it's not about ping either coz i got 25 ping and 7 fps on local servers... 70 fps on a 200+ ping server... i reallie duno what to do... screenshot attach regarding the "number" next to fps

Comments

• TestamentTestament Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 4037Members
    That is...really odd. Have you tried reinstalling? The "MS" is your ping, by the way. So there you have 200+ ping.
  • ArcticwindArcticwind Join Date: 2003-05-28 Member: 16782Members
    i press tab and see 25-30 ping... it's reallie reallie weird...
  • Daza4Daza4 Kerc Kasha Join Date: 2003-04-06 Member: 15233Members
    make sure 32bit textures are off. (Its in your video settings i think)
  • ThansalThansal The New Scum Join Date: 2002-08-22 Member: 1215Members, Constellation
    243 ms = ping (ping is the amount of time it takes you to 'ping' a server with a piece of info, aka how long it takes to get there, thus it takes you .2 secs to get to the server)

as for why this is effecting your fps.... It honestly shouldn't

something wonkey is going on....

have you tried a nice quick reinstall of NS?

Have you made sure that ALL external programs are killed?

Have you run a virus scan and a spy ware tool?
    If you dont have them:
    <a href='http://housecall.trendmicro.com/' target='_blank'>House Call: Free Virus scan online</a>
    <a href='http://www.lavasoftusa.com/' target='_blank'>AdAware</a>

All I am thinking is that b/c you don't have any choke/loss it is probably a client side issue....