Mouse Locking In Ns?

Ic3ManIc3Man Join Date: 2003-02-23 Member: 13875Members
I had 3 incendents were my primary attack key was locked. I use the left mouse button as my attack button. It happense after u spawn. u cant use your primary attack until the next time u spawn. To recreate this u have to, if im not mistaking, use the primary attack alot when waiting for spawning.

Also sometimes u cant use the crosshair as well. this happense when u switch between screens (ALT + TAB).

I would love to make an demo but it would not help to c a screen where i cant shoot or move my crosshair

PS there is nothing wrong with my mouse. This only happence in NS 3.xx.

Comments

• remiremi remedy [blu.knight] Join Date: 2003-11-18 Member: 23112Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester
    I believe it is due to steam, and not to NS. try hitting ~ twice. (to bring up the console and put it away again)

I've lost my ability to use mouselook a bunch of times when something or other threw me out of NS. (Error messages, popups, IMs...)

Not sure if this is your problem, but if you can recreate it, see if what i said works.
  • UnderDOGUnderDOG Join Date: 2003-04-05 Member: 15221Members
    Ic3Man, there are also occational errors when you spawn when one or more of your guns dont play thier attack animations or sounds, but still are actully shooting. Check your ammo counter, does it go down when you hit your fire button?
  • MaDMaxXMaDMaxX Audiophile (NS sound guy) Join Date: 2003-01-04 Member: 11835Members, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester
    The alt tab issue is related to your graphics card/drivers and steam.

Its quite likely you have mouse drivers/tools loaded for windows which will affect game usage in steam, please check and disable/un-install these and try again.
  • Ic3ManIc3Man Join Date: 2003-02-23 Member: 13875Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-UnderDOG+Feb 12 2004, 08:34 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (UnderDOG @ Feb 12 2004, 08:34 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Ic3Man, there are also occational errors when you spawn when one or more of your guns dont play thier attack animations or sounds, but still are actully shooting. Check your ammo counter, does it go down when you hit your fire button? <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I quite familliar with that problem, but the pistol and knife r displayed empty in the hud with that bug. Im possitive that this problem isnt that bug u mentioned. In this case the primary attack button really doesnt work. This also has not to do with alt+tab i believe.
  • ImmacolataImmacolata Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2140Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    This discussion does not belong here.

<span style='color:red'>**** PHASED ****</span>
  • Ic3ManIc3Man Join Date: 2003-02-23 Member: 13875Members
    oops. sorry for posting at the wrong place.