Best Cfg!

123457»

Comments

• KathosKathos Join Date: 2003-11-16 Member: 22975Members
    The config changer will actually help me. Now I'll be able to have oc and turret set to same key. Very nice.

I think Steam is case-sensitive (must all be in lowercase).

BTW, can anyone explain _special? Not that I'm into it, but not exactly seeing how this would block things.
  • NScombatNScombat Join Date: 2003-11-17 Member: 23043Members, Constellation
    so when activated by pressing F1 or F2, the commands in the alien or marine config will superseed what is in your standard config.cfg file?

e.g if I had "b" bound to +jump in the main config and "b" bound to +duck in my marine config. If I activated the marine config I would duck when pressing "b"?
  • Diablo_fxDiablo_fx Join Date: 2003-02-21 Member: 13793Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--comb@t+Jan 20 2004, 05:15 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (comb@t @ Jan 20 2004, 05:15 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> so when activated by pressing F1 or F2, the commands in the alien or marine config will superseed what is in your standard config.cfg file?

e.g if I had "b" bound to +jump in the main config and "b" bound to +duck in my marine config. If I activated the marine config I would duck when pressing "b"? <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Yes you would duck, the bind command replaces <b>ANY</b> old command.
  • LiberalMonkeyLiberalMonkey Join Date: 2004-01-23 Member: 25643Members
    Here's my alien script:

<!--c1--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>CODE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='CODE'><!--ec1-->developer 1
    echo "Alien Scripts Loaded"
    developer 0

alias triplejump "+jump;wait;-jump;wait;+jump;wait;-jump;wait;+jump;wait;-jump"

alias +specialtwo "slot2;wait;+attack"
    alias -specialtwo "-attack;wait;slot1"

alias +specialthree "slot3;wait;+attack"
    alias -specialthree "-attack;wait;slot1"

alias gofade "developer 1;echo Fade;developer 0;bind mouse2 +specialtwo;unbind mouse3;bind uparrow goonos;bind downarrow golerk"
    alias golerk "developer 1;echo Lerk;developer 0;bind mouse2 +specialtwo;bind mouse3 triplejump;bind uparrow gofade;bind downarrow goskulk; bind space +jump;"
    alias goonos "developer 1;echo Onos;developer 0;bind mouse2 +specialthree;unbind mouse3;bind uparrow goskulk;bind downarrow gofade"
    alias goskulk "developer 1;echo Skulk;developer 0;bind mouse2 +specialthree;bind mouse3 +specialtwo;bind uparrow golerk;bind downarrow goonos;bind space triplejump"

goskulk<!--c2--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--ec2-->

This is mostly useful for the fade, though it provides groundwork for customization of other forms.

You press the up and down arrows to select an alien. When 'fade' is selected, it binds the right mouse button to the blink script. When you press mouse2, you switch to blink, activate blink, and fly around. When you let go of mouse2, it automatically switches back to swipe. That's basically what all the +specialx aliases do, just with different slots.

The triplejump alias is used to set my spacebar to perform a triple jump, which enables me to bunny hop around much more easily. IE: I don't have to time it exactly right; as long as I'm close, it works.

I set spacebar back to +jump as a lerk because it's very hard to fly precisely with three flaps every spacebar press. I did bind triplejump to mouse3 as a panic button...three almost instantaneous flaps will get you way above the ground very quickly.

This is less useful for onos, but I included a set of binds so that if any of you really feel the need to have a stompscript you can.

Yes, I script. I realize that a lot of you don't like it. Here's my response:
    I play on a 15 inch monitor on a ball mouse. You have an advantage because you play on a 21-inch flatscreen with a 40 dollar optical mouse with eight buttons, a joystick, and optional sunroof. Requiring people to play without scripts is roughly equivalent to making NS run in a 15-inch window and only being able to bind three buttons plus the wheel.
  • PalinPalin Join Date: 2003-03-24 Member: 14848Members
    edited January 2004
    <!--QuoteBegin--LiberalMonkey+Jan 23 2004, 10:52 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (LiberalMonkey @ Jan 23 2004, 10:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Requiring people to play without scripts is roughly equivalent to making NS run in a 15-inch window and only being able to bind three buttons plus the wheel. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Funny.... you describe my setup on the dot... except that i only have a 2-button mouse (and thus NO scrollwheel) and yet somehow i survive without a single script whatsoever... amazing. To top it all off... I actually don't use any mouse button other than mouse1 for attack... so it goes without saying that I could easily cope with hardware inferior even to the setup i am accustomed to now. I actually WISH i had a trackball as they tend to be more accurate than most off shelf "standard" mice. This obviously excludes mice such as the Razor Boomslang. You seem to think that having what you infer as "sub-standard" hardware somehow "entitles" you with the right to use scripts. In the future stick with the argument that you script simply because you like to customize your playing experience. Whether or not people agree to the moral/ethical ramifications of that argument, they can still understand your viewpoint.
  • Impy_The_LerkImpy_The_Lerk Join Date: 2003-05-24 Member: 16652Banned
    wow so much whining and complaining in one thred...
  • LiberalMonkeyLiberalMonkey Join Date: 2004-01-23 Member: 25643Members
    edited January 2004
    You really missed the point of my argument. I'm not saying that having "inferior" hardware gives me the right to use scripts. I'm saying that disabling them is like forcing everyone to play on the inferior hardware because it levels the playing field. I'm not going to say that I script because I like to customize my gameplay, because that's a blatant lie. I script because it reduces the amount of skill required to be at least decent at this game. I understand why people are upset because scripting seems like cheating, but I've just posted my scripts, and I'm almost certain they're similar to other blink/bhop scripts out there (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong). If you don't want to script because your ego is such that you think it beneath you, then I invite you to continue playing without using scripts. If this is the case, however, please stop acting like people who -do- script are "n00bs" and "skill-less". It does take skill to play no matter how many scripts you use. I just came back to NS from about seven months of not playing it. Even with my scripts, I still suck large amounts at biting marines, because all the bunny hopping in the world won't help you aim at the marine. Speaking of which, I also used to play without the bitegun model. I downloaded milkshape and removed the jaws so I could see better while biting. Not really a script, but an idea for anyone else who thinks it's ubsurd that the skulk's eyes are inside its mouth. Game balance be damned, there's no logical explanation for why evolution would have done that.
  • NGENGE Join Date: 2003-11-10 Member: 22443Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--LiberalMonkey+Jan 24 2004, 11:33 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (LiberalMonkey @ Jan 24 2004, 11:33 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> You really missed the point of my argument. I'm not saying that having "inferior" hardware gives me the right to use scripts. I'm saying that disabling them is like forcing everyone to play on the inferior hardware because it levels the playing field. I'm not going to say that I script because I like to customize my gameplay, because that's a blatant lie. I script because it reduces the amount of skill required to be at least decent at this game. I understand why people are upset because scripting seems like cheating, but I've just posted my scripts, and I'm almost certain they're similar to other blink/bhop scripts out there (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong). If you don't want to script because your ego is such that you think it beneath you, then I invite you to continue playing without using scripts. If this is the case, however, please stop acting like people who -do- script are "n00bs" and "skill-less". It does take skill to play no matter how many scripts you use. I just came back to NS from about seven months of not playing it. Even with my scripts, I still suck large amounts at biting marines, because all the bunny hopping in the world won't help you aim at the marine. Speaking of which, I also used to play without the bitegun model. I downloaded milkshape and removed the jaws so I could see better while biting. Not really a script, but an idea for anyone else who thinks it's ubsurd that the skulk's eyes are inside its mouth. Game balance be damned, there's no logical explanation for why evolution would have done that. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Don't worry Monkey, the intelligent ones understand you.
  • ubermenschubermensch Join Date: 2002-12-31 Member: 11692Banned
    <!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Leap/Blink scripts offer zero advantage.

I know this because I've tried them, and I personally think it sucks big time.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Laugh out loud. I hope this kid's college major (assuming he ever gets there) doesn't require a "Debating" class...
  • Diablo_fxDiablo_fx Join Date: 2003-02-21 Member: 13793Members
    Please! could everyone stay to the topic and stop discussing if scribts is cheats or not!!

I personal think scribts is just a help for you, and should be used.

Gamma control i think is also OK, becuse the devs didnt block it (or make so it cant be changed) then it must be fair since they did not say anything about it.

TO TOPIC:

I personal like bind "shift" "+jump"; bind "ctrl" "+speed" becuse shift is easier for my finger to reach.

I play with a high sens (12) becuse NS dosnt require 1337 headshot skills(CS!) sp why set the sens so low? just turn it up so you can easily do a 180 turn and shoot an incoming lerk.
  • ForlornForlorn Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2634Banned
    <!--QuoteBegin-kann_nix+Feb 19 2004, 04:50 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (kann_nix @ Feb 19 2004, 04:50 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Leap/Blink scripts offer zero advantage.

I know this because I've tried them, and I personally think it sucks big time.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Laugh out loud. I hope this kid's college major (assuming he ever gets there) doesn't require a "Debating" class... <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    There is only one way to decide if scripts give you an advantage or not, and that is to use them.

Remember, see, I play the game very competetively, and this means I will do just about anything (as long as it's legal) to gain advantages over my opponent. Therefore, if a blink/swipe or leap/bite script actually helped me in anyway, I would use it. But do I? No. And have I tried them? Yes.

It therefore follows that scripts of these kinds do not give advantages, are preference only, and are perfectly legit.

Of course, I realize now that it would have been way too much of me to assume you could have infered this out for yourself, which I regret not explaining for your intelligent self in the first place.

My apologies.