Ex_maxerrordistance Fix.

KezeiKezei Members, Reinforced - Gold Join Date: 2003-09-23 Member: 21127Posts: 175 Fully active user
My Simple plugin that relieves the anger
Server Operators :

Tired of having all your players overflow 4 minutes into the game?
This plugin automatically corrects the alias ex_maxerrordistance upon client connect.

1. This plugin is ONLY needed for steam

2. AMX is required

Comments

• KezeiKezei Members, Reinforced - Gold Join Date: 2003-09-23 Member: 21127Posts: 175 Fully active user
    edited October 2003
    It didn't upload the first time confused.gif
  • AkalamanaiaAkalamanaia Members Join Date: 2003-01-04 Member: 11833Posts: 1,486
    or just make userconfig.cfg and add line alias "ex_maxerrordistance" ""
    "I am tormented by dreams of our death, And grief at what is to come.
    For in dreams I have seen / The heavens falter, And the stars drop from the sky.
    In my dreams / Creation ceases without a sound. I have seen the destruction of the Way."
  • DuckDuck Members Join Date: 2002-11-18 Member: 9195Posts: 143
    QUOTE (Aka'lamanaia @ Oct 27 2003, 03:35 PM)
    or just make userconfig.cfg and add line alias "ex_maxerrordistance" ""

ummm.. this is for server operators, not end users...
  • KezeiKezei Members, Reinforced - Gold Join Date: 2003-09-23 Member: 21127Posts: 175 Fully active user
    Yes, this is a server-side AMX Plugin as I stated. As many people do not know or can not figure out the alias ex_maxerrordistance in userconfig.cfg or autoexec.cfg etc. This is a quite useful plugin until a Steam supported NS version is released.
  • BrutusBrutus Members Join Date: 2002-10-20 Member: 1555Posts: 441
    Anyway to make that for adminmod?
  • MisfireMisfire Members Join Date: 2002-11-03 Member: 5764Posts: 376 Fully active user
    can someone plz make an admin mod one
    uK.Misfire
    Owner of Frag & a Coke
    Frag & a Coke

I-AM Servers
  • scooterbluescooterblue Members Join Date: 2003-05-20 Member: 16519Posts: 89
    edited January 2007
    Removed.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • billcatbillcat Members, Constellation Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 4903Posts: 331
    I dono about the superficial thing, I had multiple disconnects and timeouts before I patched my server with this mod and my client with the alias. It does seem to reduce the amount of thrashing the clients do to the server as the server tries to run a command the client doesn't have either.

Before I ran this mod I could actually feel when an unpatched(With the alias) client connected. They'd then lag out the server and drop a few times before giving up. This seemed to fix all of that for the people who couldn't find the client fix via the alias.

not that I don't agree steam has some other underlying issues.. smile.gif
    I'll convert it to adminmod and put it up.