Insane Problem With Func_doors

KeiKei Join Date: 2003-08-01 Member: 18689Members
<div class="IPBDescription">and res nodes</div> So I have this map that I'm working on with all of these automated (timed) doors, actiavted by a multi_manager with something like this:

trigger_auto
target: ALLDOORS
delay .1
triggerstate 1 (on)
(remove on fire)

multi_manager
name: ALLDOORS
REDDOORS 2
BLUEDOORS 2
REDDOORS#1 62
BLUEDOORS#1 62
ALLDOORS 120
(multi-threading on)

"REDDOORS" and "BLUEDOORS" are just multi_managers with big lists of doors names set to fire at 0.1
Each door has a unique name, red doors are flagged to start open.

Now, they work fine without any tampering. But as soon as a drop a resource tower down on a res node, the multi_managers stop firing.

I've tried having all sets of doors named the same, I've tried having all the brushes moved to world and then moved to the same entity... I'm out of ideas.

I can post a .BSP if anyone wants, or if a mapper out there wants to help, I can post the RMF and WAD (wadincluded in the compile).

Thanks,
-Kei

Comments

• WolvWolv Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 56Members
    IIRC triggering yourself is bad. Try putting in a trigger_relay, with a fair delay, to trigger ALLDOORS again.
  • KeiKei Join Date: 2003-08-01 Member: 18689Members
    edited November 2003
    Well... it seems work without any tampering on my part... if I have to, I'll split the MM up into two MMs - one for each minute and set of door activations.

But what about the resource towers stopping them? I don't think any of the other dropped buildings have that affect. Not to mention, I tested it with a friend, and it does it for both aliens and marines, no matter what node.