How Do U Change Models In Steam

ParaseticLifeFormParaseticLifeForm Join Date: 2003-07-23 Member: 18384Members
How do u change models in steam

Comments

• TeflonTeflon Join Date: 2003-08-27 Member: 20289Members
    edited October 2003
    Well you could just blindly reach for the car door handle, but if you're having trouble, open a window a crack or turn on the AC. When the steam clears, let the model out and change her for a new one.
  • Billy_SilverfishBilly_Silverfish Join Date: 2003-04-20 Member: 15688Members
    Teflon - if you can't post something useful, don't post.

Parasetic (sic) - I no longer have Steam installed, but if memory serves there's a NS folder in your Steam dir somewhere, with a file tree just like there is/was in your HL directory. You should just be able to drop the models in. Though I could be horribly wrong.
  • TeflonTeflon Join Date: 2003-08-27 Member: 20289Members
    edited October 2003
    Well if you successfully installed NS to steam... it should be fairly obvious that steam handles mods exactly the same way half-life does. There's a steam/steam/ns folder. And like I said, since you need to more or less MANUALLY put that in...

Parasitec, did you even get NS installed to Steam?
  • RaVeRaVe Join Date: 2003-06-20 Member: 17538Members
    edited October 2003
    Do it the same way as regular NS. I have switched my regular shotgun for a Scattershot in Steam.

But if you insist

/Steam/SteamApps/emailaddy@here/half-life/ns/models

Or somewhere around there,then you should be able to know.
  • XodlikeXodlike Join Date: 2003-06-03 Member: 16985Members
    Im not exactely sure this will work as he (well atleast i did) has a huge steam cache file tahts pretty big and all his mdls/sounds/other game required files are in there.

However i could be terribly wrong.
  • Drk1Drk1 Join Date: 2003-08-31 Member: 20407Members
    You can easily do custom models, heres how:

In old WON HL, you'd put models in "...Sierra\halflife\ns\models".
    Now, you put them in "Steam\SteamApps\###@###.###\half-life\ns\models" until a made-for-Steam version (2.1) comes out.
    The ###@###.### is the email address you used to create your steam account. The Steam root folder is generally in "Program Files", on whatever drive you installed it to.
    I've replaced every last one of my models, and they all work fine. The weapon models are in the \models folder, the player ones are in \models\player where's theres a folder for every player/alien model. There are 3 weapon models for each weapon, w_{weapon}, which is visible when the gun is lying on the ground, p_{weapon}, which is visible when another player has the gun and you look at him, and v_{weapon} which is visible for you when you're holding the gun.
  • ParaseticLifeFormParaseticLifeForm Join Date: 2003-07-23 Member: 18384Members
    i mean in everything like cs dod
  • Rotten_FleshRotten_Flesh Join Date: 2002-11-18 Member: 9203Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--Teflon+Oct 18 2003, 12:56 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Teflon @ Oct 18 2003, 12:56 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Well you could just blindly reach for the car door handle, but if you're having trouble, open a window a crack or turn on the AC. When the steam clears, let the model out and change her for a new one. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    LMFAO !!11