Simple Tactic That Helps The Whole Team

Phifth_ElementPhifth_Element Join Date: 2002-11-11 Member: 8233Members
<div class="IPBDescription">not to mention yourself!</div> There are some great ways to use the map. Maybe some of you don't use it at all....it is mapped to 'c' on my computer. The easy thing to do is any time that you are evolving (especially when evolving to a new lifeform) open upo your map and watch your buddies. If any of them buzz through a room and there is a marine hiding that they "see" but don't notice, the enemy will show up on your map for a moment. You now have intel that maybe nobody else has! Shout it out! I will use this tactic at end game where some lone marine is left and not everybody has SoF. Watch the other guys on the map and you might see where the loner is.

I just wish that structures under attack would blink red or something!

Comments

• GeronimoGeronimo Join Date: 2002-12-18 Member: 11056Members
    its called the mini-map and its kinda hard to use it when youre playing since it coveres the whole screen.

Also, hiding marines are just lame and should be killed rather than scouted for...
  • TuBeLTuBeL Join Date: 2003-09-16 Member: 20928Members
    I think this is a great way to help your team. Communication is a good thing, anything that gives your team a heads up to enemy movement helps.
  • im_lostim_lost TWG Rule Guru Join Date: 2003-04-26 Member: 15861Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->its called the mini-map and its kinda hard to use it when youre playing since it coveres the whole screen.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    He specifically said it should be used when evolving. There isn't much use in looking at the main view at this time, and if a marine DOES come along it won't help you to see them anyway.
  • JulienJulien Join Date: 2003-09-02 Member: 20495Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--i'm lost+Oct 9 2003, 09:02 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (i'm lost @ Oct 9 2003, 09:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->He specifically said it should be used when evolving.  There isn't much use in looking at the main view at this time, and if a marine DOES come along it won't help you to see them anyway.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I'd flip this on and off even when not evolving. Just don't run around with the map on into unknown corridors filled with marine bootstep sounds.

It's handy for finding marines crouching in dark corners without sense of fear. Marines hiding tend not to shoot back until they know for sure their spot has been given away.

Oh, and the minimap does wonders for actually -coordinating- attacks and strategy for aliens, though marines can use it to good effect too. I'm hopeless at figuring out the wallhack hivesight. Only thing I use it for is to see parasited marines coming toward me and which structure is under attack where. On the minimap you can see which alien classes are where, and guess what they're doing.
  • Phifth_ElementPhifth_Element Join Date: 2002-11-11 Member: 8233Members
    The top thing I miss from pre 2.0 (besides Advanced Hive Sight) was how if an alien ran into a room with marines in it then the marines would show up on HIVE SIGHT for a few seconds! This made so much SENSE! At least this way we can have that a little bit! Even though the marines can do it too.