Turned Cl_autohelp Off.

XShrikeXShrike Join Date: 2003-03-30 Member: 15058Members
<div class="IPBDescription">But, game still pats me on the head.</div> I have turned the auto help off but, the game still gives me tips like, "Your team has killed an enemy." It doesnt tell me what the weapons do or their damage, just everything else. Is there a way to turn these other help signs off?

Comments

• incinincin Join Date: 2003-10-06 Member: 21468Members
    Hmmm, the one which switches weapons without clicking is the one which stops the weapon damage info... sure that you clicked the right box?
  • XShrikeXShrike Join Date: 2003-03-30 Member: 15058Members
    I turned the one where that tells me about the weapons off. My questions is how to stop the "you have killed an enemy," and I think maybe the one that tells you what to do as a marine and the different alien breeds.
  • Cold_NiTeCold_NiTe Join Date: 2003-09-15 Member: 20875Members
    You are not alone in having this problem. Hopefully if someone can find a way to fix this, I too might benefit from it.
  • SuBSuB AusNS Forum Admin Join Date: 2003-02-18 Member: 13723Members
    Yeh I have this issue as well.
  • MintmanMintman Join Date: 2003-05-30 Member: 16866Members
    I think it's connected to how they've made it so the welding sprites are always there.

So in short, it's a bit of a bug.
    Oh, of course, welding. Then we don't have much choice do we?
  • HazeHaze O RLY? Join Date: 2003-07-07 Member: 18018Members, Constellation
    Buhh, ...dunno. Are you sure you typed the command cl_autohelp 0 correctally? Also, some helps are best left on sometimes, and I dont find anything about them annoying.
  • DihardDihard Join Date: 2002-12-02 Member: 10365Members, Constellation
    Autohelp is definately off for me but messages do still pop up.
    Only some of the messages still pop up after I turn off auto help. They are usually ones that give the least information so I can look around them.
  • devicenulldevicenull Join Date: 2003-04-30 Member: 15967Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    <!--QuoteBegin--Ha.ze+Oct 12 2003, 02:07 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Ha.ze @ Oct 12 2003, 02:07 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Buhh, ...dunno. Are you sure you typed the command cl_autohelp 0 correctally? Also, some helps are best left on sometimes, and I dont find anything about them annoying. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Some helps are *not* best left on, because I really don't need to be told 10 times in one game how to enter the comm chair, okay?
    I've even tried editing the titles.txt, didn't get rid of em
    <!--QuoteBegin--Ha.ze+Oct 12 2003, 01:07 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Ha.ze @ Oct 12 2003, 01:07 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Are you sure you typed the command cl_autohelp 0 correctally? <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    We're not idiots ha.ze, we can type "cl_autohelp 0" without falling on the ground with seizures from brain overload. Geez.
  • CxwfCxwf Join Date: 2003-02-05 Member: 13168Members, Constellation
    I have noticed that after typing that command, the help boxes go away for a few minutes (usually until the end of the current map) and then come back. I have to continually turn them off multiple times during the course of my play (the same goes for clicking the menu button with the same effect).

The problem seems to have stopped recently, but I don't know what I did to change it.
  • XShrikeXShrike Join Date: 2003-03-30 Member: 15058Members
    At least I am not the only person with this problem. I did input the right command to turn auto help off. I does seem to only do it for the first time I am a marine and alien. I noticed it does still tell me what I am gestating into and what they do.
  • HazeHaze O RLY? Join Date: 2003-07-07 Member: 18018Members, Constellation
    <!--QuoteBegin--Cold-NiTe+Oct 12 2003, 09:28 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Cold-NiTe @ Oct 12 2003, 09:28 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin--Ha.ze+Oct 12 2003, 01:07 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Ha.ze @ Oct 12 2003, 01:07 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Are  you sure you typed the command cl_autohelp 0 correctally? <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    We're not idiots ha.ze, we can type "cl_autohelp 0" without falling on the ground with seizures from brain overload. Geez. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Never said you were idoits. I was just making sure you didnt maybe add an extra word in there or something. Where did you get I was implying you were idoits...?