Go For The Eyes Boo! Go For The Eyes!

2»

Comments

• XzilenXzilen Join Date: 2002-12-30 Member: 11642Members, Constellation
    <!--QuoteBegin--deaths_hand+Sep 29 2003, 07:47 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (deaths_hand @ Sep 29 2003, 07:47 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> heavy in 2 leaps? you used be able to kill heavies in 1 ^^

strange, i tested the dmg breifly in patch 2.0 and i could still kill LAs in 1 leap when they have full health/armour and kill heavies with 1-2 leaps.

with leap not beeing fps dependent anymore i seem to be able to kill much quicker then before (having about 50 fps) while others say leap only does 40 dmg or less. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    For some reason I can't do crap with it anymore.
  • Turkey2Turkey2 Join Date: 2003-04-23 Member: 15766Members
    edited October 2003
    at the beginning of 2.0 before the fps dependency was removed I could get la's in 2, it is much much worse now. The limit now is 40 per second, with the old leap thats like trying to leap at 10 fps. Btw old leap of course did 400 max per second, and if you havent noticed a full second is a long time while leaping. Not quite sure but I think the sound lasts for roughly a second so I guess that would give you a rough idea of how long.

I think the reason I had to use 2 at the beginning of 2.0 is my fps wasnt maxed anymore...
  • a_civiliana_civilian Likes seeing numbers Join Date: 2003-01-08 Member: 12041Members, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead
    edited October 2003
    <!--QuoteBegin--deaths_hand+Oct 1 2003, 09:56 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (deaths_hand @ Oct 1 2003, 09:56 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->btw civ where did you find out leap only does 40 dmg now?<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    <!--QuoteBegin--NeoMatrix99+Jul 24 2003, 03:53 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (NeoMatrix99 @ Jul 24 2003, 03:53 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--><span style='color:orange'>-- o</span> Removed frame-rate dependence for leap, damage is 40 per second.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->From the <a href='http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=1&t=39260&st=0' target='_blank'>2.xx Changelog</a>.

<!--QuoteBegin--Flayra+Sep 16 2003, 06:34 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Flayra @ Sep 16 2003, 06:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->O Removed frame-rate dependence from leap and charge damage (Leap is 40 damage per second, Charge is 160 damage per second.)<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->From the <a href='http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=31&t=47539' target='_blank'>2.01 RC2 release thread</a>.
  • XzilenXzilen Join Date: 2002-12-30 Member: 11642Members, Constellation
    I really wish they hadn't nerfed leap =(
  • Harry_S_TrumanHarry_S_Truman Join Date: 2002-11-21 Member: 9568Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--Geminosity+Oct 1 2003, 03:11 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Geminosity @ Oct 1 2003, 03:11 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> if leap does 40 damage a <b>second</b> I'd imagine it being pretty hard to get above 40 let alone 80... I mean... a second isn't exactly all that small a period of time in a quick action game like this. You'd have to be sliding down, stuck in the marine model or something lol. Unless leap keeps damaging even while you're on the floor? Any air time above 2 seconds while still being in contact with a marine seems kinda o.O to me.

<b>oop edit:</b> thanks for the heads up troj ^^ <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Try it while silenced...hehe. By the time they know whats going on you've already been leaping at them for a few seconds....LOL
  • relsanrelsan Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3720Members, Constellation
    What were we talking about? Whatever. Do what you want.
  • MuntermanMunterman Join Date: 2003-09-25 Member: 21215Members
    with the bite thing I'm pretty sure its just hitting two hitboxes at once, because I have experienced similiar events myself.
    The leap thing ... a second is an increadably long time in this game, so it wont be happening very often, and it definitely helps you stay hitting the rine if you are pressing forwards ...
  • Phifth_ElementPhifth_Element Join Date: 2002-11-11 Member: 8233Members
    And don't hold crouch....right? If you hold crouch then you won't stick to them.
  • a_civiliana_civilian Likes seeing numbers Join Date: 2003-01-08 Member: 12041Members, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead
    <!--QuoteBegin--x-treme+Oct 2 2003, 11:53 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (x-treme @ Oct 2 2003, 11:53 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->And don't hold crouch....right?  If you hold crouch then you won't stick to them.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    You won't be sticking to them anyway. Skulks can no longer wallwalk on players.
  • Phifth_ElementPhifth_Element Join Date: 2002-11-11 Member: 8233Members
    So the only way to stay on them for any length of time is to drop down on top of them? What if they move? do you have to anticipate their moves and move the same way?
    edited October 2003
    Well, it's not like leap does damage for more than a second or two.

By the way, <a href='http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=21&t=27435' target='_blank'>this old thread</a> contains information on how to maximize leap damage. Remember, though, that using it for damage in the current version (2.01) is rather pointless, because bite, which has a much lower energy cost and is much easier to use, does about 2.25 times more damage.