Speaking of c&c..

MistahRedrumMistahRedrum Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 81Members
I just got the demo and boy is it a hoot. If any of you have tried it, then you know what i mean but for you lucky few, let me try to explain the horror that is C&C:Renagade. The game itself it pretty nice and good way to waste time... if you can get it to work. First the demo had horrblie lag problems that makes dod problems look small, but they let out a ptach that was suppose to fix that lag. It seems they rushed it cause the patch may have fixed that lag... but now you cant even get into a game for more than 10 sec before the game crashes on you. So i was wondering, how are you suppose to make a mod on such a unstable game and If its just the demo, what is the real game like o.O;;

Comments

• GreedoGreedo Bounty Hunter Join Date: 2002-01-24 Member: 37Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
  • RobRob Unknown Enemy Join Date: 2002-01-24 Member: 25Members, NS1 Playtester
    Westwood's just pouring on the pimpage in an attempt to have a mod community from the start.  Well, any community really.  They hope by taking all these industry bigwigs out to see it, they can attract a community before the game's actually released.
  • Sgt_Bilko1Sgt_Bilko1 Join Date: 2002-02-02 Member: 150Members
    Actually, I don't know if you read the multplayer FAQ on their website or not, but in order to get rid of the "booted every 30 seconds" issue you have to launch the game from your desktop and go into gamespy settings and select your connection speed.

You would be surprised how much of a difference this makes in Half-life mods and in C&C renegade, because setting your connection speed changes the MAX and MIN rates of your connection to any specific server.

I used to lag a bit in half-life games until I went into the in-game server selection list and selected my connection speed in the top right corner.

The same goes for C&C renegade, I'm on a OC-3 and I was lagging out of the games I joined. Once I did a little research and found the FAQ on their website that instructed me to change my connection speed the game ran flawlessly, especially on westwoods servers.

For those of you looking for realism C&C isn't the game for you, but it's fun and there is a lot of strategy and tactics involved in actually winning a round.
  • MonsieurEvilMonsieurEvil Join Date: 2002-01-22 Member: 4Members, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    As always, I highly recommend using the excellent alternative to Gamespy3D, known as <a href="http://www.udpsoft.com/eye/" target="_blank">The All-Seeing Eye</a>. Compact, user-friendly, great filtering, 10 times faster than GS3D, auto-updating (in fact, I got one yesterday to support the demo Renegade); this is the way to go. It's even cheaper than GS if you want to register it (which I have, since these guys deserve the monetary support beyond sharware).

<!--EDIT|MonsieurEvil|Feb. 18 2002,13:45-->