Recording Sound From Win Media Player

ScinetScinet Join Date: 2003-01-19 Member: 12489Members, Constellation
<div class="IPBDescription">Can anyone help, please?</div> I have a problem.

I'm trying to record small sound bytes from movies on my computer so I could use the sampled bits of dialogue in a song. The last time I did something like this, I used the Creative Recorder, a very basic but still useful program that came with my SB Live drivers. Unfortunately, since the driver disk is from stone age, the software package doesn't work with my newly-installed WinXP very well, and I can't use the recorder.

Now, in order to record sounds from the Media Player to Wav format, I need some other recording software. I've already tried EasyRecorder and Anyrecorder, both of which needed the mic line unmuted and produced a lot of extra static into the recording from my headset microphone. With the Creative Recorder, I never needed to unplug the mic to get a good recording, since the "What-you-hear"-setting in the program didn't need unmuted mic to work.

So, long story short, does anyone know any software recorded that can record any sound played on the desktop without needing the mic line to be open?

Comments