Help!

Angry_CheeseAngry_Cheese Join Date: 2003-05-06 Member: 16110Members
<div class="IPBDescription">My Last Resort</div> I love NS...and recently my computer has gotten screwed up the ying yang. For awhile it would only boot in safe mode, then after i fixed this (or i think i did anyway) my moniter still will not display past 640x480 @ 16 colors and none of my hardware drivers load (even direct x). I try to redownload, and everything goes fine until i have to restart my machine! nothing is changed after that, so my computer is basically only good for AIM and music...I posted this here cause every time i have called microsoft tech support their best idea for EVERY one of my problems is too wipe my hard drive and reinstall windows. I have done this maybe 6 times in the past 2 years; and now it is no option becuase my windows install disk was destroyed when i moved. Any ideas guys?

system specs: p3 800 mhz
128 RAM
nVIDIA TNT2 64 MB version
Windows ME

PS: i have tried changeing my startup options and stuff in msconfig.

Comments

• Gimpy_Doodly_DooGimpy_Doodly_Doo Join Date: 2003-03-15 Member: 14521Members
    boot up in dos and type in in the command prompt "scanreg\restore" without the quotes. I don't know if you can do this on win Me, but since it is a win9x based os this should work. What it does is restores the registery to a previous date. Try this, and if it does not work post back here.
  • JezpuhJezpuh Join Date: 2003-04-03 Member: 15157Banned
    Sorry to say it.
    But you do need to reinstall windows.
    I had this to with my old pc running win98.

Make backups and reinstall.
  • Angry_CheeseAngry_Cheese Join Date: 2003-05-06 Member: 16110Members
    arg, it looks like i must reinstall windows...luckily, my parents seem in a buying mood computer wise, so i can finally get above 25 fps now! woot!

Thanks for the help though, guys.