Medarmory Mod

ATIATI Join Date: 2003-03-14 Member: 14492Members
<div class="IPBDescription">good or bad for balancing the game out</div> There are a couple of servers that have the med armory mod on like redphive.org and voogru servers. I've played and i think that it helps a whole bunch to even up some of the gameplay issues that occured in 2.0 (don't know about 2.01 beta). At either rate I want to know what you guys think about the med armory mod, maybe we can push to make it a permanent part of the game. Just wondering, thanks.

Comments

• FlatlineUTDFlatlineUTD Join Date: 2002-11-08 Member: 7695Members
    It's been around for a while - it's not becoming a permanent part of the game, that was made clear months ago.

It only heals up 2 hp per use (last time I saw it in-game), so getting ANY benefit out of it would take too long. The last thing comms need now are more armory humpers.
  • blimpblimp Join Date: 2003-03-12 Member: 14438Members, Constellation
    Some servers do 20 HP per use, so you heal up quite fast.
  • ATIATI Join Date: 2003-03-14 Member: 14492Members
    okay so they said definately no to the med mod. crap i like that thing, redphive has it doll out health according to the level of armor you have upgraded i think. 5 at zero up to 15 i think at max. Pretty good at those rates
  • MrKNifeyMrKNifey Join Date: 2003-06-25 Member: 17668Members
    I see why they never decided to make it part of the game. Humping the armory to load up on a nice gun takes too long as it is already. Why make it take longer?
  • taboofirestaboofires Join Date: 2002-11-24 Member: 9853Members
    This belongs in server ops forum, not marine strats.

The mod is sometimes useful, but much more often just slows the marines down. It's hard to move out when everybody refuses to leave base unless at full health. It just gives one more way to contain the marines to the kharaa.
  • Trojan2Trojan2 Join Date: 2003-01-14 Member: 12290Members
    LOL, when I skulk I like medarmoury. Marines will sit there hummping it like jack rabbits even as im tearing there legs off
  • ATIATI Join Date: 2003-03-14 Member: 14492Members
    hahaha good points, i guess i'll just have to stick to the medmod and not use it on other servers. But you guys are right. Disregard this post from here on i guess.
  • Juchel_ZeroJuchel_Zero Join Date: 2003-07-14 Member: 18155Members
    As a lerk I would be happy to see more armory humpers just for the heck of sporing them again and again and again and make the commander shout at the marines. As a marine I would call that lame if my teammates were that stupid.
  • typicalskeletontypicalskeleton Join Date: 2003-02-25 Member: 14011Members
    the medmod can help immensely with expansion, however. especially in low-res situations, or chaotic ones.