Instruction Night

CForresterCForrester P0rk(h0p Join Date: 2002-10-05 Member: 1439Members, Constellation
<div class="IPBDescription">A little idea I put together.</div> Hey, I just had an idea. Maybe some of the senior players (Those who have been playing for a while, that is) held an instruction night for new players? We could get two people (One for each team) to teach new players how to do things. I'd like to do Alien, but someone else should instruct on how to play on the Marines, and how to Comm effectively. This would require massive cooperation from those involved, and we'd need someone to `lend' us a server for the night. It would be an hour or two long, and in that time we will go over the basics:

Building structures
Structure effects
How to fight effectively
How to be prepared for anything that comes at you
How to Comm/Gorge effectively (Placing structures in effective places, spending res properly, etc..)
Upgrades
Team work
Anything else that a new player would need to know.

Right now, I'll do Alien instruction, but I need:
One person, possibly two to teach the Marines to play as ground units, or as comm.
A server (16 players, password, with Admin-Mod/MetaMod) to use for the night.

What do you guys think?

<b>SIGN-UP SHEET</b>

Instructors:
Marines: (Available)
Comm: (Available)
Aliens: CForrester

Students:
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)
13)

Server:
(None yet, post here or PM me to lend a server!)

Date/Time:
(To be set. Will be in EST.)

Comments

• AnimosityAnimosity Join Date: 2003-01-03 Member: 11768Members
    everyone has different playing styles, and they each work for themselves. I dont honestly think that this would work due to the fact that the people that you would be specifically designing this for wouldnt really read these boards. Some do, most do not.

Theres just too much conflict in opinion , imo
  • ZiGGYZiGGY Join Date: 2003-01-19 Member: 12479Members
    i think hes talking about the basics ;/

whenever we get a new member from mansfield to play ns we usually have people helping them at their pc and we often commandeer pub games to show them what unit types they are and various other basics. The rest we let them pick up for themselves. It really does help though.
  • lolfighterlolfighter Snark, Dire Join Date: 2003-04-20 Member: 15693Members
    Yeah, a few demos showing the basics would be nice. Basic tactics, basic responses (a comm that doesn't know how to handle SC first isn't worth much), a few hints here and there.