Why U Doing This!

MeLeNkOMeLeNkO Join Date: 2003-04-06 Member: 15240Members
<div class="IPBDescription">2.01a 2.01b There no point in it</div> OK Well i see truelly no point in these dam patches i think 2.0 is perfectlly balanced and most of people who are new to the game says its un-balanced well they will cos they are newbis right fully lol if only pld it once so for all the people who pld its long will or may disgaree with these patches you havent even given 2.0 a month before you are adding patches when there is no need to in my opneion

all ur doing is lowering some more hp more and stuff and 2.0 was and still is perfect does nto need patches lol

i would like other forum members who have pld the game since 1.0 to reply to this and post there thoughts on these patches pls

over n out

Comments

• AnavrinAnavrin Join Date: 2002-10-30 Member: 1734Members
    Dude, I hate to break it to ya, but everyone knows that aliens are far better in 2.0 than marines. Flayra has admitted to the skewed win ratios and suggested it to be the result of last minute changes that weren't fully tested.
  • SariselSarisel .::&#39; ( O ) &#39;;:-. .-.:;&#39; ( O ) &#39;::. Join Date: 2003-07-30 Member: 18557Members, Constellation
    If you read Flayras posts, you'd see that he's doing this because clan scrims have ended up with aliens winning most of the time. Whether this is due to clans not knowing how to play marines in 2.0 or not is besides the point, I guess.
  • MeLeNkOMeLeNkO Join Date: 2003-04-06 Member: 15240Members
    opps yea sry maybe i should if used search can u give me a link to flayra post pls ?
  • TwexTwex Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 4999Members
    <a href='http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=31&t=41193' target='_blank'>Here you are.</a>
  • DreadDread Join Date: 2002-07-24 Member: 993Members
    It's a shame that Flayra is still trying to please both pubs and clans in the same time. I feel that currently on pubs marines and aliens are very well balanced(with good commander).

He should really make two different gamemodes for pubs and clans.
  • philmcnealphilmcneal Join Date: 2002-10-24 Member: 1585Members
    he's just testings things around.. you didn't think ns 2.0 would be FINAL and flayra just left it alone would you? none of the changes are offical it's all testing.

Play the betas and contribute feedback if you wish NS for a happy future.
  • LaCHiELaCHiE Join Date: 2003-02-22 Member: 13849Members, Constellation
    <!--QuoteBegin--Anavrin+Aug 7 2003, 03:52 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Anavrin @ Aug 7 2003, 03:52 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Dude, I hate to break it to ya, but everyone knows that aliens are far better in 2.0 than marines. Flayra has admitted to the skewed win ratios and suggested it to be the result of last minute changes that weren't fully tested. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I thought they wouldve realised an imbalance when testing it....

there were a tonne of PTers and Vets... I dont see how such a major issue slipped through their hands so easily
    Of course, this is all theoretical, but I believe the reason was the looming July 31st deadline. 2.0z wasn't in testing for anymore than a few days. Maybe even just a couple of days before they had to package it up for release.
  • SuBSuB AusNS Forum Admin Join Date: 2003-02-18 Member: 13723Members
    Because making and balancing a game like this is EXTREMELY difficult... and it was tested with a bunch of pretty decent playesters / vets... let the general public lose on it with they're newbieness and all hell breaks lose.

I pity the dev team for the amount of crap they're having to put up with now...
  • JojoshuaJojoshua NS Guide Professor Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5233Members
    a. These arent major issues.
    b. Yes, the deadline was part of it.
  • RabidWeaselRabidWeasel Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5337Members
    A change was made late in the PT to make the game more fun (removal of activation time, which was deemed to require too much teamwork for pubs) which had a knock-on effect of making alien 'res rushing' much more effective than in previous PT builds.

Of course, this had a serious subsequent effect on alien tech rates compared to marines.
  • esunaesuna Rock Bottom Join Date: 2003-04-03 Member: 15175Members, Constellation
    All i need say is this: <b>Punctuation is your friend</b>.
  • jedilammajedilamma Join Date: 2003-07-18 Member: 18247Members
    edited August 2003
    ns2 is as ballanced as it has ever been .. people say its unbalanced beacuse u actuall need skill to play now ... and u get destroyed alot becuase u freaking suck ... commanding isnt any different .. the maps are different and sum things in command menu has changed but still its the same ... aliens spread out fast but as commander of iL and [x] australian clans i offen win in pubs becuase i the commander is in control and newbs who ive seen so many times call me the **** player on the team rather then seeing themselves dying ...

skulks are far more harder to hit there for giving them an advantage in ns2 over ns 1 ... ns2 been out what 2 weeks nearly ... i think its fine .. the right strats in wars and any team can win ... there maybe sum inbalances but with skill u cna over come these inbalances and give u the biggest advantage in the game ...
  • AsranielAsraniel Join Date: 2002-06-03 Member: 724Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    the new 2.01b patch seems fine to me(i hated the "a" patch), but i have to test it i think, without testing i would say umbra is not powerfull enogh, but i will test it before
  • ForlornForlorn Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2634Banned
    <!--QuoteBegin--Dread+Aug 7 2003, 05:09 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Dread @ Aug 7 2003, 05:09 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> It's a shame that Flayra is still trying to please both pubs and clans in the same time. I feel that currently on pubs marines and aliens are very well balanced(with good commander).

He should really make two different gamemodes for pubs and clans. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    No Dread NO.

No one wants a fragmented experience when playing NS.

And besides, tourney mode still has FF over pubs.
  • SariselSarisel .::&#39; ( O ) &#39;;:-. .-.:;&#39; ( O ) &#39;::. Join Date: 2003-07-30 Member: 18557Members, Constellation
    If everybody would read more before posting, there wouldn't be as much garbage to wade through before you found good topics.
    <!--QuoteBegin--jedilamma+Aug 7 2003, 09:34 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (jedilamma @ Aug 7 2003, 09:34 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> people say its unbalanced beacuse u actuall need skill to play now ... and u get destroyed alot becuase u freaking suck ... i offen win in pubs becuase i the commander is in control and newbs who ive seen so many times call me the **** player on the team rather then seeing themselves dying ... <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Can you move shift over a bit? Your big head is getting in the way of everyone. Great, thanks.