My Little Request For Fades...

MonkeybonkMonkeybonk Join Date: 2003-08-04 Member: 18859Banned
I love fade. I'm good with a fade. Fades are my friend.

Until you encounter some combat. You see, blink takes a lot of stamina to use. So blink is utilitarian, at best. In combat, it's difficult to use and remain alive.

Fades also make a lot of noise. The claw swipe is very distinguishable.

When I fade, I'm torn between silence and celerity. Fades travel at about the same speed as a marine, so ambushing either requires a LOT of very careful blink usage, or celerity to catch up from behind.

Meanwhile, silence is good because fades are easy to identify just from sound, and ambushing from behind is easier when no one can hear you.

Can fades get a slight boost to footspeed? It'd be nice to not have to rely on celerity to catch up to a marine without having to risk draining all my stamina blinking, and risk sliding off and ending up in FRONT of him.

Comments

• TabrisTabris Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 4273Members
    edited August 2003
    Fades are fine... play around a little bit more. Fade has been my favorite class since 1.0... and although I wish i still had the old blink .. the new one is fine with me.
    My configuration is always adrenaline and carapace.... and blink is not just useful... its ESSENTIAL. With correct blinking and swiping a rine across the way should go down faster than a H00ker whos seen 5 benjamins in your wallet.
  • MonkeybonkMonkeybonk Join Date: 2003-08-04 Member: 18859Banned
    edited August 2003
    I liked old blink more simply because of the problem I listed above:

Blinking now has a very high chance of sliding off the side of the marine and ending up in FRONT of him. And that's a BAD thing
  • TabrisTabris Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 4273Members
    edited August 2003
    Hud fastswitch... as soon as im close enough i get the last little speed boost from blink and ive switched to swipe which fires just as i switch.. instant hit... just learn to use it better.

- By the way... attacking the rine from the front should not present a problem if you have cara. the fade is a surgical class and can tear apart a squad person by person.... My little one from last night.. i took apart 6 rines... simply blink in.... tear down 1 or 2.. blink out... meta... rinse repeat
  • XCanXCan Join Date: 2002-11-03 Member: 5904Members, Constellation
    Only problem I see with fades is that they still go down too easily vs a single HA marine with either SG or HMG.
  • PegePege Join Date: 2002-11-27 Member: 10088Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--Tabris+Aug 6 2003, 02:33 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Tabris @ Aug 6 2003, 02:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Hud fastswitch... as soon as im close enough i get the last little speed boost from blink and ive switched to swipe which fires just as i switch.. instant hit... just learn to use it better. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Wow. I've tried that many times, but haven't succeeded too much. I think blinking makes quite a bit of noise so marines can hear you coming, see you when you switch to claws and evade. I still find adrenaline as best MC upgrade for fade since it allows me to blink in and out of combat without running out of stamina.