Wow, That's It, No More Ns For Me

RPGreg2600RPGreg2600 Join Date: 2003-03-16 Member: 14578Members
<div class="IPBDescription">This game absolutely blows now</div> I just played about 6 rounds. In every round the aliens owned. I had no fun at all the entire 6 rounds. NS has gone from my favorite game to play to one of the worst, most unbalanced games I've ever played. Congradulations Dev team, you reall did good on this release...not.

You guys need to playtest with normal average players. NOT with clan members and veterans. The teamplay will be nothing like in a real pub when you playtest like that. Which is why you'll never see marines win in a pub unless the aliens suck.

Anyway, I'm outta here, maybe I'll be back to see if the game sucks less at the next release. Although I'm sure you guys will just make it suck even more.

Comments

• includeinclude aka RpTheHotrod Dallas, TX Join Date: 2003-01-08 Member: 12027Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited August 2003
    bye then

p.s.- marines only win with very good commanders with experience. Wanna see marines win? Join a clan, or hope you find a pub where a great commander has a team who follows orders.

In General---
    Public = Aliens
    Matches = Marines
  • MagiTekMagiTek Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5057Members
    Thanks for the thoughtful insight and constructive criticism!

Commence lockdown.
  • KI6KI6 Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3228Members
    Farewell. Glad you gave the game a chance. For the record though, I've seen both aliens and marines winning many times, but stalemates have also increased tremendously. I don't really see what's wrong with NS 2.0.
  • SirusSirus Join Date: 2002-11-13 Member: 8466Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation
  • TalesinTalesin Our own little well of hate Join Date: 2002-11-08 Member: 7710NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators
    Actually, Marines win quite often. And even moreso now that people are beginning to realize in their play style (and not just in their words here on the forums).
    Aliens picked up on the changes early, with the drastic schism from the v1.0x chambers and abilities (though many still haven't gotten the hang of the new Fade), but Marines' weapons appear to be the same.

Guess what. They're not.

Tweaked firing rates, accuracy cones, and reload times DO place some weapons into niche spots. The HMG is no longer a blast-it-all gun, with damage to structures being halved.
    Change your style, and the game is balanced. Rip on it like it was v1.04, and you'll get stomped every which way but loose.

Now then, before we get any 'good riddance, more NS for us' posts...

<span style='color:red'><b>*LOCKED.*</b></span>
This discussion has been closed.