Still Haven't Found A Way.....

FoDJohnnyAppleWeedFoDJohnnyAppleWeed Join Date: 2003-05-31 Member: 16888Members
<div class="IPBDescription">To turn off those commander hotkeys!</div> Honostly, I've commed 1 time since 2.0 because I have my voice comm key set to Q, which holding it down results in rapid beeping for the build menu, I've tried shift but this annoying message minimizes my game and makes me lose sound if I hold shift for 5 seconds. This is something I can't deal with, I"m used to Q and there's no other close keys to where my hands go when I'm playing available for changing. Please, I deleted them in the options and they still are there, please please please let us delete them, it can't possibly take long to conjure up a quick fix patch for this. Even someone saying "it'll be fixed in a week or so" would help keep my hopes up. I'm learning to live with alotta crap I dislike about 2.0, but this is one I can't live with, cause I was an awesome comm on 1.04 (not to "toot my own horn") and I enjoyed it, I like comming, thats what I do, I can do everything in the game effectively just about, but comming is where I belong.....and now I don't have that option ;(

Comments

• QuantumSlipQuantumSlip Join Date: 2002-11-03 Member: 6318Members
    is it that sticky keys that pops up? you can disable it in windows; just uncheck the box for the shorcut to it under the control panel, accesbility, sticky keys
  • SirusSirus Join Date: 2002-11-13 Member: 8466Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation
    Sorry. Rebind capslock or something to +voicerecord.
  • FoDJohnnyAppleWeedFoDJohnnyAppleWeed Join Date: 2003-05-31 Member: 16888Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--Sirus+Aug 4 2003, 03:56 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Sirus @ Aug 4 2003, 03:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Sorry. Rebind capslock or something to +voicerecord. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Now see thats the thing, I shouldn't have to. I mean there was no point in changing, hell I know they added hot keys to some how make it easier for lazy commanders who are too lazy to move their mouse to the bottom, I don't see how it makes it faster in any way, health/ammo drop macros are the only things anyone needs a macro for, most buildings are 1-2 time uses anyway. And you can already make health/ammo drop macros, if we wanted macros, we'd add them, simple as that. *sigh*.
  • SpazmaticSpazmatic Join Date: 2003-05-10 Member: 16184Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->hell I know they added hot keys to some how make it easier for lazy commanders who are too lazy to move their mouse to the <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I can drop a res tower, tfac, and phase gate in the time it takes you to open the menu for building. I can drop equipment as fast as I can pick out who to drop it on (not the other way around), and I can scan on request (assuming one of my 3 grouped obs have energy). They're not just for "lazy commanders".

That said, rebind your key. I use f normally, but I bound a second to [, which I use in the chair.
  • bobertoboberto Join Date: 2002-11-03 Member: 6306Members
    This command will re-assign all your commander hotkeys:

cl_cmhotkeys "qwerasdfzxcv"

you can make them whatever you want, just do them in the same order as this one. You could just re assign the Q button if you wanted, too.
  • XeroXero Join Date: 2002-11-14 Member: 8565Members, Constellation
    edited August 2003
    Thanks, Boberto. That has been really annoying for me, too. Every player has his own key style and it can seriously affect his game if it's messed with.

BTW, is there any way to reassign the "go to alert" key to something other than your jump button?
  • MonsieurEvilMonsieurEvil Join Date: 2002-01-22 Member: 4Members, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    You can also just use the controls menu like everything else in half-life. Config, advanced, page 2.
  • devicenulldevicenull Join Date: 2003-04-30 Member: 15967Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    If I did cl_cmhotkeys "" would I have no commander hotkeys?
    I would like to see that the binds you have before entering the comm chair are removed until you exit the comm chair, I have "z" bound to +showmap, so whenever I press z I get my map..
    I know a few people who have "v" bound to +voicerecord, and end up recycling out base trying to talk.. Maybe a "Are you sure you want to recycle (the only RT we have)?" WIth a simple 1/Yes 2/No...
    (Am I getting into something that goes in S&I?)
  • StoneburgStoneburg Join Date: 2002-11-11 Member: 8174Members
    Is it possible to replace the binds with keys that aren't just letters? Ie: "kp_leftarrow" or "pgup"?