Questions About Motion Tracking

vin1vin1 Join Date: 2003-06-18 Member: 17491Members
when motion tracking is researched :

-do cloaked aliens which are stationary show up on screen?

-do cloaked aliens which are moving show up on screen?

-does the comm's mini map show the red blips to indicate where the aliens are?

thx

Comments

• RaVeRaVe Join Date: 2003-06-20 Member: 17538Members
    1) No,motion tracking tracks motion,not standing still
    2) No,because Sensory Chambers negate Motion Tracking
    3) Yes,if they aren't cloaked by a Sensory Chamber

But good questions though,hope you become a good commander to the marine team.
  • vin1vin1 Join Date: 2003-06-18 Member: 17491Members
    thx for reply

but expanding on second question:

-do aliens which have cloak upgrade and are moving around in an area which does not have a sensory nearby show up on motion tracking?

-do aliens which are moving around in an area where a sensory is nearby show up on motion tracking?

also i was comming on hera.. aliens had sensory and i upgraded motion tracking.. i couldnt see any red blips on my mini map to show where aliens were... does that mean they had sensory all over the place.. or have they changed this because red blips on comms mini map was too powerful?
  • lolfighterlolfighter Snark, Dire Join Date: 2003-04-20 Member: 15693Members
    1. Yes. Moving aliens are only hidden by Sensory Chambers.
    2. No. Nearby Sensory Chambers negate the effects of Motion Tracking.

The problem with not seeing any aliens at all is probably due to an abundance of Sensory Chambers, yes.
  • SquidgetSquidget Join Date: 2003-06-13 Member: 17334Members
    Hmm, that hasn't been my experience. I'm not seeing ANY aliens on either minimaps with MT, motion tracking or not.

To test this I put a bunch of the new WB bots in a LAN game. They don't show up, and I scanned the base to assure they didn't have any MTs.

Either the bots have a special ability (which I doubt), or the minimap no longer shows MT.