Recycle System

Cal1Cal1 Join Date: 2003-05-29 Member: 16847Members
<div class="IPBDescription">this has bugged me for a while</div> Okay, some comm thinks its a great idea to recycle half-dead rt's and turrets instead of welding them. How does the recycle system (partically towards the res system) work? Is it like how much it uses takes out res or is it a fraction minus whatever life is left? I am asking this as a strat from a comm's view. Also, how is it like in 2.0? You can recycle unbuilt structures, do you get full refund? Can you recycle unbuilt comm chairs (to stop morons from dropping 3 of them and leaving leaving marines with 10 res and 4 cc's)? Thank you

-Cal

Comments

• SirusSirus Join Date: 2002-11-13 Member: 8466Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation
    You can recycle any built/unbuilt structure for half of their purchase cost. CC's cannot be recycled.
  • NeoMatrixj2NeoMatrixj2 Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9638Members
    I think any cc your not in can be recycled. We had someone spam ccs once in silo and recycle them before we could eat em all.
  • THAUTHAU Join Date: 2003-01-21 Member: 12551Members
    One thing I was always curious about.

If you recycle a structure does it stop what it's doing... for instance.

Does the res node stop collecting res while it's recycling?
  • esunaesuna Rock Bottom Join Date: 2003-04-03 Member: 15175Members, Constellation
    <!--QuoteBegin--Sirus+Jul 28 2003, 02:19 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Sirus @ Jul 28 2003, 02:19 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> You can recycle any built/unbuilt structure for half of their purchase cost. CC's cannot be recycled. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    To the best of my knowledge only fully built structures may be recycled, in 1.04 that is.

As to the comm's strat of recycling anything half dead, i think this is a waste, usually i try to keep at least 1 welder out in the field, so anything that does need repairing can be. The only time i'd recycle is if a skulk's chewing a node on the opposite side of the map. If you get there quick enough you can recycle it before he finishes it off. This is more a situation where you get the most that you can, and something is always better than nothing.
  • MonKeyTurDMonKeyTurD Join Date: 2003-01-10 Member: 12129Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--THAU+Jul 28 2003, 02:27 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (THAU @ Jul 28 2003, 02:27 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> One thing I was always curious about.

If you recycle a structure does it stop what it's doing... for instance.

Does the res node stop collecting res while it's recycling? <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    well a res node still collects res, but a turret doesnt fire
  • MajinMajin Join Date: 2003-05-29 Member: 16829Members, Constellation
    Its true you can recycle unbuilt for the half res right?
  • DoADrunkMonkeyDoADrunkMonkey Join Date: 2003-01-05 Member: 11902Members
    don`t forget, u can only recyle unbuilt in 2.0
  • CplDavisCplDavis I hunt the arctic Snonos Join Date: 2003-01-09 Member: 12097Members
    If say, 4 skulks are munching on a res tower and you recycle it? DO you get the credits when it officaly disapears? Meaning, if you recylce it (it makes that noise) then the skulks bite it to death BEFORE it completey "recycles" and disapears do you still get credit for it then?
  • JummehJummeh Join Date: 2003-04-07 Member: 15276Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--Cpl.Davis+Jul 28 2003, 02:54 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Cpl.Davis @ Jul 28 2003, 02:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> If say, 4 skulks are munching on a res tower and you recycle it? DO you get the credits when it officaly disapears? Meaning, if you recylce it (it makes that noise) then the skulks bite it to death BEFORE it completey "recycles" and disapears do you still get credit for it then? <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    no.

you only get res back if it dissappears and not killed.
  • r4m3n_n00dlesr4m3n_n00dles Join Date: 2003-01-16 Member: 12332Members
    Usually if 1 skulk is chomping on it, the commander has until it enters the yellow (70-80% of HP) to hit recycle. If they wait too long the skulk can get it, however if they wait a marine might be able to be sent there to stop the skulk...
  • OptikalOptikal Join Date: 2003-02-15 Member: 13583Members, Constellation
    To clear things up completely:

-Can only recycle built structures
    -Cannot recycle CCs no matter what
    -Only get res back if it disappeared (recycles completely, in 2.0 it doesnt disappear it displays the 'destroyed' animation)
    -And you get half the purchase cost of the building you recycle.

Just putting that all into one post to save confusion.
  • r4m3n_n00dlesr4m3n_n00dles Join Date: 2003-01-16 Member: 12332Members
    I may be confused, but I recall recycling command chairs sometimes, not sure if they were bugged or what...

I think I actually recycled the command chair I was in at south loop on ns_eclipse, so I was invisible/invulnerable.
  • ZelZel Join Date: 2003-01-27 Member: 12861Members
    yeah thats a bug in 1.04, so dont go about telling everyone how to do it.

if an RT is almost dead i would recycle it anyway and build a new one, its a loss of 11 res, but i would rather lose that res than buy a welder and waste one of my marine's time for the next 20 minutes welding something with that much life. turrets, definitely not, they can be welded really fast.
  • J1mmyZJ1mmyZ Join Date: 2002-09-09 Member: 1304Members
    Aw, comeon, were only going to get to play with 1.04 for 3 more days. It wont hurt anything if we just want to mess around with a few of the bugs. How do you recycle a comm chair?