Cutting Marines Legs And Arms Short.

OlljOllj our themepark-stalking nightmare Fade Join Date: 2002-12-12 Member: 10696Members
edited July 2003 in NS Customization
<div class="IPBDescription">someone needs to do this.</div> For the Super Mario model and some biped Pokemon models I need the biped marine Skeleton AND ITS ANIMATIONS but with arms and legs cut by half. (A cute skeleton that still has knees)

do you know any mods using models with shorter arms-legs?
any easy routines?

Comments

• UWEndUWEnd Join Date: 2003-04-29 Member: 15934Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--Ollj+Jul 18 2003, 05:44 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Ollj @ Jul 18 2003, 05:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> For the Super Mario model and some biped Pokemon models I need the biped marine Skeleton AND ITS ANIMATIONS but with arms and legs cut by half. (A cute skeleton)

do you know any mods using models with shorter arms-legs?
    any easy routines? <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    omg
  • JamilJamil Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 4829Members
    Hmm. I haven't done this yet myself. But try to open the SMD in notepad and changing the coordinates of the joints. They should be in there somewhere. I reiterate, I have no experience with this, but this should help avoid the Earth Worm Jim effect.
  • blue2kblue2k Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 4025Members
    you dont need to alter them, just use the $scale 0.5 command in the qc and recompile it, itll be half the original size.
  • JamilJamil Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 4829Members
    I think he wants to change the proportions of the skeleton. Currently, the skeleton fits the proportions of an average person. He wants it to fit into a cartoon character.
  • CrouchingHamsterCrouchingHamster Join Date: 2002-08-17 Member: 1181Members
    edited July 2003
    Hmm, don't know about this one really. We all know what happens if you move the bones, so that's not really an option. How about the assorted monsters in HL, do any of those use a skeleton that might be suitable?

Edit: There was a fairly obscure HL mod, "Yoda Mod" that replaced most of the game with Yoda. Totally insane, but it might have a suitable skeleton, or they might have just scaled the standard one. I don't have a copy anymore to decompile and check, but it should be on Planet Halflife..might be worth investigating.
  • MoquiaoMoquiao Join Date: 2003-05-09 Member: 16168Members
    i really dont know what your on about tbh lol
  • OlljOllj our themepark-stalking nightmare Fade Join Date: 2002-12-12 Member: 10696Members
    yoda skeleton model has the same proportions, just smaller.