Command Station Online

ByekaByeka Name changed from Freak83Toronto Join Date: 2003-03-13 Member: 14484Members, Constellation
<div class="IPBDescription">"But I'm not the comm!"</div> Anyone ever have this happen to them? You're a marine, and you can hear a muffled voice of the women who talks to the comm, says things like "Soldiers are under attack" "We need an infrantry portal". It's not as clear as the comm can hear it, but a soldier can sometimes hear it too and I don't know why. It can't be a glitch with my computer because it happend with my old one and my new one which are both very good.

Comments

• SatertekSatertek Join Date: 2002-12-22 Member: 11372Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter
    Only time i've heard it as soldier is when the comm has voicechat key pushed and it says it on his computer.
  • ByekaByeka Name changed from Freak83 Toronto Join Date: 2003-03-13 Member: 14484Members, Constellation
    's not what this is though.
  • ArcadiusArcadius Join Date: 2003-04-14 Member: 15491Members
    Does this happen every time you're a marine or just once in a while? Also, were you in the comm chair and got out and then this happened or what?
  • ByekaByeka Name changed from Freak83 Toronto Join Date: 2003-03-13 Member: 14484Members, Constellation
    Nope, usually when it happens once in a game it happens again several times in that same game. Also, I do not have had to be the comm first for this to happen.

On a side note, I'm not entierly sure about this, but I think most of the times its happend, I've been near the comm chair. But I'm not sure about that one.
  • BedwettingTypeBedwettingType Join Date: 2002-07-26 Member: 1001Members
    That's happened to me before, but the commander had their voice comm key pressed. Sometimes an icon doesn't show up for voice chat, but you can still tell someone's got it on because everything else gets quieter.
  • DoADrunkMonkeyDoADrunkMonkey Join Date: 2003-01-05 Member: 11902Members
    i thought this was a mabye thing to put in that u can hear them things muffled if ur near the comm chair.
  • Vash7h3StampedeVash7h3Stampede Join Date: 2003-02-28 Member: 14140Members
    I have heard that alot. It happens when someone presses the voicechat and it plays over it because they are commanding. The wierd thing is that it always sounds exactly the same even if different people do it. You would think that it would be different because of different mics or speakers, but this leads me to think that it is a bug in the game, but it probably will be fixed in 2.0.
  • BigMadSteveBigMadSteve Join Date: 2003-02-12 Member: 13472Members
    It happens a lot to me. I remember once a comm was talking to me specifically on the voice comm and I got spiked. I could hear the "Soldier under attack" over the voice comm lol.
  • Vash7h3StampedeVash7h3Stampede Join Date: 2003-02-28 Member: 14140Members
    It usuallly just cuts in over the persons voice. Don't know if that observation is helpfull or not...