Comm Demos For New Players?

RueRue Join Date: 2002-10-21 Member: 1564Members
edited June 2003 in New Player Forum
<div class="IPBDescription">Think its worth it?</div> I just uploaded a few commader demos to <a href='http://commchair.jarhedz.com/modules.php?name=Sections&op=viewarticle&artid=25' target='_blank'>Comm Chair.Com</a> and as there is no HUD on demos atm i was thinking of making some demos to explain some good tactics for new players using voice comms.

reason im asking is because im on 56k and it would take a while to uplaod them but do u think its would be worth doing? and would you have a look at them?

Cheers, Rue

Comments

• antichristantichrist Join Date: 2003-05-27 Member: 16769Members
    I would also host them as well but my host is down and site but be back soon!
  • ZeusZeus Join Date: 2003-05-31 Member: 16892Members
    I'd definitely check them out! My comming skills are very rusty.
  • KhaimKhaim Join Date: 2002-06-28 Member: 841Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation
    you may want to hold of to 1.1 in 1.1 sprites show up on demos and hltv.
  • eagleceaglec Join Date: 2002-11-25 Member: 9948Members, Constellation
    It's a great idea. Would it be possible to convert the demo to an avi or mpg for the lazy/technically incompetant ?
  • lolfighterlolfighter Snark, Dire Join Date: 2003-04-20 Member: 15693Members
    Nice! Good comms are always in short supply, if your demos can help some of us down that stony path - go for it!
  • XzilenXzilen Join Date: 2002-12-30 Member: 11642Members, Constellation
    Hm, I'll go take a look.
  • SkinnYSkinnY Join Date: 2002-11-07 Member: 7500Members
    abit of a problem considering that it doesn't record the comm-hud ? or does it ?
  • DEADscottDEADscott Join Date: 2003-03-29 Member: 15022Members, Constellation
    Yes. We are interested. If they are good we would host them also.
  • PhillesHPhillesH Join Date: 2003-06-19 Member: 17511Members
    Sounds like a cool idea, but my only thought is what would it teach them?
    When i first started commanding my main problem was getting to grips with the interface and sorting out my men so they all knew what they were doing and where, it might teach some tactics but ideally new players should be playing a few games 'out n the field' and should learn some tactics there.
  • SYPHER1SYPHER1 Join Date: 2003-05-11 Member: 16210Members
    Yeah it’s a good idea. But it shouldn’t be for new players simply because new players shouldn’t command period. But fore the players that have a good understanding of the game and the tactics involved. It should be more of an introduction to the Interface and hotkeys, And other tips concerning commanding.
  • eagleceaglec Join Date: 2002-11-25 Member: 9948Members, Constellation
    <!--QuoteBegin--PhillesH+Jun 19 2003, 09:53 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (PhillesH @ Jun 19 2003, 09:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Sounds like a cool idea, but my only thought is what would it teach them?
    When i first started commanding my main problem was getting to grips with the interface and sorting out my men so they all knew what they were doing and where, it might teach some tactics but ideally new players should be playing a few games 'out n the field' and should learn some tactics there. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    "How many drops is this for you commander?"
  • PhillesHPhillesH Join Date: 2003-06-19 Member: 17511Members
    * Watches eaglec's comment fly over his head and off into the distance *
  • RueRue Join Date: 2002-10-21 Member: 1564Members
    Sorry for not making any yet but iv only just go back on the internet , im going to make a few today and il make them into .mpgs but i think on 56k it would take too long to upload them, but il see what can be done
  • farcryfarcry Join Date: 2003-06-22 Member: 17614Members
    what might be an idea is draw up the interface in flash, just for show, and then do the tutorials in a flash animation with everything drawn in flash. the first one would take ages while you make the characters, hives, interface, etc but after that it would be easy.
  • Deus_AxeonDeus_Axeon Join Date: 2003-06-24 Member: 17656Members
    This sounds good, I've been playing NS for some time now but I've yet to take the command chair, simply because I know I don't really know how to work it, if I keep this reason going, I'll never even try, so this is nifty.