Lerk Spikes Bugged ?

Dark-MantisDark-Mantis Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11960Members
I've been playing NS for quite a while now, and mostly as alien (lerk), but i only noticed this today.
It happened while i was walking away from a marine while shooting spikes at him. I should have hit him at
least 20 times but he didn't die (it was early in game so they couldn't have had many armor upgrades yet).
I allso noticed that the hit animation of the spikes didn't show on the marine, but a bit in front of me.
After a bit of trying i foud out that when you walk/fly backwards, the spikes don't fly away, but "hit" as soon as you shoot them. Aiming upwards while doing this doesn't have this problem.
I've tried this on 2 servers, and it happened on both.
Is anyone else having the same problem, or is it just me?

Allso something i'd like to know about 1.1

I read that the spike animation will be removed, because it's instant hit.
However, spikes aren't instant hit yet, and have a small but irritating altitude decrease, wich makes it hard to "snipe" at long distances. Will this allso be removed? And will the spikes actually be instant hit, instead of
a fast moving "missle weapon"?

Comments

• SwampRatSwampRat Join Date: 2003-02-10 Member: 13369Members
    the spikes are instanthit now - it only looked like you were hitting the marine (if u used the spike image to see)

personally i think it'd be better to make it hit where the spikes go and keep the image in - but its gone out the window now

as for walking backwards, i find that with most of the alien ranged weapons (eg spit), its because the projectile is sort of spawned from within you if u going backwards i think, so hits you.
  • MelkorMelkor Join Date: 2002-12-18 Member: 11068Members
    Spikes are instant hit already. The animation is off. When you fire a spike it hits instantly wherever the crosshair is.
  • RandomEngyRandomEngy Join Date: 2002-11-03 Member: 6146Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Currently, lerk spikes hit instantly, and only the model of the spikes drop down a little. The actual damage is right at the crosshair. In 1.1 the animation will be removed to be consistant with how spikes actually work (hitscan). Also, the firing projectiles while going backwards problem is well known, and it applies to other things like acid rocket as well.

On a side note, there is a reason that the bug reports forum is locked: To keep people from reporting bugs that have already been dealt with, such as these.