Stratplan V2.1

PreciousPrecious Join Date: 2003-03-18 Member: 14652Members
Some quick questions for those that know.

1. After making a server can you join from the same computer?

2. I do Stratserver.exe, pick a map, hit start server. I then go to Stratplan.exe. I click on options the ip Address is 127.0.0.1. I am pretty sure about that. Anyways is that the IP adress that my friends need to type in to join the program? If not how do I find my IP?

Comments

• UnknownUnknown Join Date: 2002-06-12 Member: 759Members
    You can only join from the same computer if its a listen server. This is best done by going into Multiplayer -> Internet Games -> Create Game.

Then, when you get into the game, bring down your console. Then type "status" in the console. You should see the server's IP there. That is what you give to your friends.

Note: Most people will not beable to join your server if you have a firewall enabled.
  • TucoTuco Join Date: 2002-12-21 Member: 11257Members
    Actually it is possible to have a dedicated server and client running on the same machine. I did so some time ago to test settings for a lan server, hlds and client installed in separate directories. I don't want to start a discussion about performance and stuff, just note that it's possible.

127.0.0.1 is a special IP address always pointing to the computer you are working on.

To check your regular IP address you could do like Unknown suggested.
    Or open a DOS prompt in windows and type "ipconfig" (w2k/xp) or "winipcfg" (win9x/me).