I Want To Write My Own Metamod Plugins!

Simple_CompoundSimple_Compound Join Date: 2003-05-09 Member: 16180Members
edited May 2003 in General Server Discussion
<div class="IPBDescription">where and how i would start one</div> well i myself would love to learn how to script my own metamod plugins for NS and i sure have the dedication to doing it. this may be helpful for not just me but for anyone else interested in starting such a thing. yes you got it, <b>i want to learn how to script metamod plugins. where and how would i start?</b> anyone who would be kind enough to post some info about this would be appreciated. thanks

Comments

• Asylum-SkitzoAsylum-Skitzo Join Date: 2003-02-08 Member: 13254Members
    Have a look at this <a href='http://modns.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=145' target='_blank'>http://modns.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=145</a> and read the readme.txt in the zip.
    Its a template for creating metamod plugins.
    Youll need the HLSDK, metamod source and a compiler like MS Visual C++ 6.0, not to mention a bit of C++ knowledge.
  • Simple_CompoundSimple_Compound Join Date: 2003-05-09 Member: 16180Members
    thanks. ill check on that
  • [WHO]Them[WHO]Them You can call me Dave Join Date: 2002-12-11 Member: 10593Members, Constellation
    edited May 2003
    Just in case you downloaded that MM_Base framework and won't be visiting modns again. I'd like to point out that I just made a small update to the framework and you may want to either make the fix (posted in the framework thread) to the one you have or download the new one.
  • UnknownheroUnknownhero Join Date: 2003-03-01 Member: 14186Members
    edited May 2003
    is the frame work suppose to be combined with the source you got from metamod or is that seperate?

nm that, i'm trying to put extdll.h in my project so it will compile yet it says it can't find it.
  • [WHO]Them[WHO]Them You can call me Dave Join Date: 2002-12-11 Member: 10593Members, Constellation
    That framework needs to be hooked up with the metamod source and the HLSDK source.

And by "i'm trying to put extdll.h in my project so it will compile" I am forced to assume that you simply added it to the file view. Having headers in that file view doesn't help in locating them at all. It just gives you quick access to them. You need to setup your path information so that the compiler can find the hlsdk source directories specified in the readme as well as the metamod source dir.
  • UnknownheroUnknownhero Join Date: 2003-03-01 Member: 14186Members
    Ok i got what you mean. Let me see if i can do it.