Movie You Like, But Everyone Else...

2»

Comments

• edge_eblanedge_eblan Join Date: 2002-11-28 Member: 10161Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--SmokeNova+Apr 18 2003, 06:49 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (SmokeNova @ Apr 18 2003, 06:49 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Final Fantasy: the Spirits Within.

Kicked-**** <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    i agree
  • edge_eblanedge_eblan Join Date: 2002-11-28 Member: 10161Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--Thansal+Apr 19 2003, 10:12 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Thansal @ Apr 19 2003, 10:12 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> possibly, but I actualy went in not expecting too much
    Ihave a general dislike of movies that have been coming out as of late, they have a tendancie to suck.

I donno, I just didn't like it (Again I really didn't like the ending, it was just sorta weak. To little leading up to the plot twist, as upposed to FF games where you can often get a good idea that something is fugged.... I dono) <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    i will agree with you that the Final Fantasy Game are 100000000000000000000000000000000000% better than the movie, the reason why tho is the fact that Final Fantasy 6 is about 10 hours of story, then there are 5 hours of required walking, 30 hours of fighting and leveling up (more the leveling up part than the normal fighting). Ok, so my calculations are WAY off, but Final Fantasy 6 is a good example for this.

Most Final Fantasies are a balance between combat and story. They dont try to bore you with to much story, but they dont bore you with pointless fights, (i havent seen an incident where you walk into a bar, a patron calls you stupid and you kick his ****, but, in FF6, you do go around and steal the clothes of some merchants in various locations, a shop, an inn, a bar etc. as well as imperial trooper clothes). Final Fantasy 1 took about at least 10-20 hours, but the Final Fantasy Movie was only about 5 hours at most, (i think it was 2 hours?) So you only get about a 5th of the time played. Also, they have more time in the games to make up a story, (an inifinite amount of gameplay, depending on the player), while in the movie they could only do it in 3 hours, which is by far not enough to make a good story AND keep good battles.

maybe that cleared things up.

I am a Square Fan, Hear Me Roar (Roar)

Oh, does anyone know if Nubuo Uematsu (i thnik i spelt his name wrong) did the music for the Final Fantasy Movie? He made some of Squares best in game music, (most if not all Final Fantasy Music, many tend to be good, and most fit the character).