Bots Under Linux Dedicated?

snake_docsnake_doc Join Date: 2003-04-18 Member: 15610Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Can or cant be done?</div> Just now puting together a dedicated linux server on a 3mbit sdsl line and know that rocket crow bot works under windows.
But the biggie here is linux just dont use .dll files to well :-)
anyone know of a bot which will run under the linux enviroment because the rcbot is a win32 only at this point.
the rcbot versions which are linux do not support ns.

Thanks in advance
Snake

Comments

• snake_docsnake_doc Join Date: 2003-04-18 Member: 15610Members
    Ignore the post guys I have researched and cant find any bots which will work under linux so.......
    Off to my windows 2k advanced server machine i guess ........unfortunate yes but hey thats life!
  • playerhaterplayerhater Join Date: 2002-11-13 Member: 8405Members
    I too was interested in bots for NS under linux as well. Then, just for fun i set up a windows NS server and installed the rcbots. Man those bots were stupid! Even if a linux version is made, I wont install them. It was neat though. The funny thing was that I had made it a public server without realizing it. I was playing with 5 other bots, and then I realized some real players came in. I immediatlely went to spectator mode and watched as people were screaming at the bots, "Whats wrong with you people!", "Idiots", "NOOB server", I had a good laugh. Yes, it was not very nice, but it was incredibly funny! Talk about LMAO! As if the 1ms pings didnt give them away!