Marines Vs. Marines

LeMortLeMort Join Date: 2003-02-23 Member: 13896Members, Constellation
<div class="IPBDescription">How does one do it?</div> I went into info_gameplay, and made both teams human, then I made 2 comm chairs, one team 1 and one team 2. This did not work. I got 2 comm chairs, on 2 teams, but the team that was originally alien wasnt getting res and their res tower looked like an alien one. How do I make it so there are two marine teams and it not mess up like that?

Comments

• MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    Of course it doesn't work, it's not implemented in NS 1.0.

When MvM and AvA gets implemented, you'll be able to use it, atm you can't.
  • LeMortLeMort Join Date: 2003-02-23 Member: 13896Members, Constellation
    will it be in 1.1?
  • OlljOllj our themepark-stalking nightmare Fade Join Date: 2002-12-12 Member: 10696Members
    No it wont be in 1.1 .
    1.1 will "just" be the first clientside patch for a lot of fixes/changes that can just be realised with a client patch.
  • LeMortLeMort Join Date: 2003-02-23 Member: 13896Members, Constellation
    Damn, does anyone know when it will be out, or am I wasting my time?
  • DoctorJuiceDoctorJuice Join Date: 2002-02-13 Member: 212Members, Constellation
    You can certainly start mapping for it right now, but don't expect any MvM or AvA code <i>anytime</i> soon. It's planned but its not expected in the immediate future. There are quite a few threads devoted to this topic, look around for more info.
  • RevenantRevenant Join Date: 2003-01-13 Member: 12249Members
    If it fits the criteria Flayra might put the map to one side and tell you to update it to his criteria when MvM comes out. SO IMHO your not completely wasting your time.
  • SamRSamR Join Date: 2002-09-30 Member: 1382Members
    You aren't wasting your time as such, I started work on a Marine Vs Marine map (and am still working on it) called Ns_Titan6. Flayra is going to implement it at some point or another in the future, that's a fact, it's just a question of time.

What I'm doing with mine is, I'm making it Marine Vs. Marine. Then if this mode still hasn't been implemented by the time I've finished, I can make another version of the map that is alien vs marines too.
  • CageyCagey Ex-Unknown Worlds Programmer Join Date: 2002-11-15 Member: 8829Members, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Constellation
    <!--QuoteBegin--SamR+Mar 7 2003, 05:06 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (SamR @ Mar 7 2003, 05:06 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> You aren't wasting your time as such, I started work on a Marine Vs Marine map (and am still working on it) called Ns_Titan6. Flayra is going to implement it at some point or another in the future, that's a fact, it's just a question of time. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    At a guess, I'd say that the majority of the hold-up is due to the additional art required for having two marine teams--skins don't currently support multiple colors (players or buildings), and you'd want to make sure that you could identify which team built a resource node, etc. from a distance. You'd also want to explain why teams don't take over each other's buildings instead of destroying them (incompatible tech would be the easiest explanation IMO).

Personally, I'd rather wait longer and have a completely different looking second team (perhaps with a slightly altered tech tree) rather than a simple reskin of the existing marines... local militia of an overzealous government or privateers both come to mind as possible human opponents, and according to the backstory jumpgate tech and several other gadgets are TSA inventions.
  • Nemesis_ZeroNemesis_Zero Old European Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 75Members, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Constellation
    I'd strongly suggest you stay away from MvM and AvA until further notice. There is no definite concept on how the two gameplay modes (should they be implemented) will be realized, thus, there are no mapping guidelines, no specific entities, no nothing.
    Even in the best case, you're creating a map that'll have to be dramatically modified.
  • The_Real_QuasarThe_Real_Quasar Has the I.Q. of 12,000 P.E. Teachers Join Date: 2002-11-26 Member: 9998Members
    Tch tch....
    MARINES ARE NOT RESKINNED MARINES!
  • CabooseCaboose title = name(self, handle) Join Date: 2003-02-15 Member: 13597Members, Constellation
    Try making a server mod that would allow you to do this. I dont know how or even if it's possible, or if you know how or even if it's possible, but hey! Maybee?