Lerk Lift/skulk Lift

WormtailWormtail Join Date: 2002-11-26 Member: 10033Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Very useful (I hope this helps too)</div> okay, i dunno if this is already posted bbut here goes:

Lifting gorges is a good way to help them. you can boost them up into vents, or hide them from enemies.

How to lerk lift:

you get a lerk. gorge (gorge jumps)

a gorge jumps on top of the lerk. lerk

the gorges jumps again, and when he's in mid- air, the lerk MUST take-off!
the lerk use the jump and fly key.
gorge (the gorge is lifted by the lerk)
lerk

when the gorge lands, he lands on top of the lerk, but the lerk cant keep flying when your weight is pulling him down, so the gorge MUST keep JUMPING. the lerk must also keep jumping to fly him up.

gorge (jump, jump, jump)
lerk (flap flap flap..)

so, bboth lerk and gorge keep jumping, and you'll start to get higher and carry the gorge up.

NOW, carrying the gorge in a direction other than straight up is very hard!!!!
to do this, the gorge must jump forward, and the lerk must fly foward and the gorge will make it.

gorge (he jumps foward)
Lerk

gorge (the lerk flies foward, and the gorge lands safely on it)
lerk
this is very hard!!!! TIMING is VERY important! i suggest you practice on low ground (so you dont fall all the way down and die) or do this near a hive or dc.

the lerk is very cool when using lerklift. It acts like a 'helicopter' carrying a VIP
(very important person). the 'helicopter' has more purposes than flying the gorge somewhere. The lerk can also use his ability. so umbraing while lifting up the gorge is very useful, and 'shooting' down 'bad guys' (the marines) with 'bullets' (spikes) might help. also, releasing the 'posion gas' (spores) will help too!

How to skulk lift:

you get a skulk and a gorge gorge (jumps on top of skulk)

the gorge jumps on top of the skulk skulk

he jumps again and the skulk (has to be on a wall to do this) climbs up the wall.

Now here's the good part, while the skulk is on a wall, he cant fall down, even if he's carrying a mighty heavy gorge on him! this can be used as an advantage.

l
Gorge l (gorge stays on top of skulk without falling)
skulk l
l

to lift the gorge higher, the gorge simplys has to jump multiple times and the skulk has to keep going up the wall, or he moves along the wall with the gorge jupming in that direction. VERY HARD!!!TIMING IS VERY IMPORTANT TOO!

this may be sillly, but the skulks can line up in a straight row to carry the gorge! this is known as the skulk lifting bridge.

(gorge walks in the skulk 'bridge')
<<<<gorge>>>>
skulk skulk skulk skulk skulk

Disadvantages of skulk lifting:

- can only be used on walls

- no useful ability up there unless you parasite or bite marines up there

-cannot go in any other direction other than wall direction

Disadvantages of lerk lifting:

- cannot use the walls, must land on a 'landing pad' (which is anywhere!)

- Very hard to move in a direction other than straight up

Advantages of skulk lifting:

-the skulks can stand still on wall and not drop down the gorge or itself.

- the skulk lifting bridge

Advantages of lerk lifting:

-lerks can fly the gorge in a direction

-can use useful ability while flying (spikes, umbra, and spores)

DID this really heLP?

FLaws in this?

got ideas or sumthing?

questions, comments, whatever

JUst POST EM UP !

Comments

• WormtailWormtail Join Date: 2002-11-26 Member: 10033Members
    i think i messed up on this, sry
  • TheHornetTheHornet Join Date: 2002-10-31 Member: 1776Members, Constellation
    this has been posted about before, and i find the lerk lift to take way too much adreline to attack at the same time, throwing a spore out and trying to carry a gorge really takes it out of you. There is a add-on that allows the lerk to pick up gorges and carry them anywhere they want, its fun and a change, but not used very widely.
  • iwilleatyouiwilleatyou Join Date: 2002-11-29 Member: 10270Members
    did an onos lift on bast once to the marine spawn, it was really funny.
  • SevendashsevenSevendashseven Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3357Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--Wormtail+Feb 26 2003, 11:33 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Wormtail @ Feb 26 2003, 11:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> i think i messed up on this, sry <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    It's alright.