New Splinter Cell Demo Help

EosEos Join Date: 2002-06-08 Member: 738Members
<div class="IPBDescription">You know you want to help me!</div> Ok, I'm just going to go straight to the point:

Whenever I start up the New (or old) Splinter Cell demo I get a message that says,

"CreateTexture failed(D3DERR_INVALIDCALL).

<?int?Core.Errors.History?>: UD3DRenderDevice::CreateTextureDefaultPoolHelper <- FD3DTexture::Cache <- UD3DRenderDevice::CacheTexture <- UD3DRenderDevice::PrimeResources <- UD3DRenderDevice::SetRes <- UWindowsViewport::TryRenderDevice <- UWindowsViewport::OpenWindow <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine."

I usually don't need any help but I checked the readme, and the online FAQ, and it didn't help at all.

So please, help.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Silver_FoxSilver_Fox Spammer Join Date: 2002-01-24 Member: 34Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    only thing I can think of is to update your drivers ..
  • DY357LXDY357LX Playing since day 1. Still can&#39;t Comm. England Join Date: 2002-10-27 Member: 1651Members, Constellation
    The SplinterCell demo us extremely touchy and
    my advice is to check the official "Tech Support" forums
    on the official site.
    There's pages upon pages of "help meh plz" topics
    so someone there is bound to have the same problem.
  • EosEos Join Date: 2002-06-08 Member: 738Members
    Ok, I updated all of my drivers but it still didn't help.

And I tried joining the Splinter Cell forums to post my problem but it never accepts my password, it say it has to be a minimum of 6 letters and or numbers and must have at least one of each.

But my password was only 5 letters and numbers and it still din't accept it.
  • BOZOBOZO Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 3973Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    What are you system specs?

I got:
    1 GHZ
    128 MB Ram
    Radeon 7500
    37 GB hard-drive

I run the first demo just fine, execpt I cant save or load, or create a new profile, and theremal vision is just a blue screen, and I get an error every once in while then the game crashes. Oh, and every time I want to play I have to change the settings in the SPLINTERCELL.ini to my resolution(1024x768). Other than that It runs fine.
    1.2 Ghz

80 Gigs

Geforce 2

Card Ram: 128

System RAM: 256

Ask if you need anymore information.
  • InfinityInfinity And beyond&#33; Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 50Members
    unreal/2k3/warfare engine based game
  • pielemuispielemuis Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 72Members, NS1 Playtester
    it uses directx 9? if so do you have it?
  • DY357LXDY357LX Playing since day 1. Still can&#39;t Comm. England Join Date: 2002-10-27 Member: 1651Members, Constellation
    <!--QuoteBegin--pielemuis+Feb 18 2003, 12:22 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (pielemuis @ Feb 18 2003, 12:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> it uses directx 9? if so do you have it? <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I wouldn't upgrade to DirectX 9.0 JUST for a demo.
    8.1 is the best in a long time, if you take the time
    to sign up to the SpinterCell forums PROPERLY
    then somewhere from UbiSoft will help you.

After all, this is a PUBLIC BETA, thats what the forums are for.
    Discussing problems in the demo so the final retail release
    doesn't have them.
  • Silver_FoxSilver_Fox Spammer Join Date: 2002-01-24 Member: 34Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    from the read me;

Minimum Configuration:
    - 800 MHz Pentium III or AMD Athlon
    - 256 MBytes RAM
    - DirectX 8.1b
    - 32 MBytes video card
    - DirectX 8.1b compatible sound card
    - 8x speed CD/DVD-ROM drive
    - 900 MBytes Hard Drive Space

Other then that, dunno what to tell ya
    I can run Unreal 2K3 though.

And I think I have DirectX 9.

But I'm not sure, I'll download it again.
  • DOOManiacDOOManiac Worst. Critic. Ever. Join Date: 2002-04-17 Member: 462Members, NS1 Playtester
    <a href='http://forums.ubi.com/messages/message_view-topic.asp?name=pcdemo&id=zzlav' target='_blank'>Apparently, they already have a patch in the works for the full version</a>. Doesn't exactly help you though :P