Level 4

13»

Comments

• MoleculorMoleculor Namer-of-Bob Join Date: 2002-01-24 Member: 9Members
    For example...

Lets say upgrading to level four costs 5 points and you have 6. (These are NOT real numbers. Not even CLOSE.) You upgrade to level four. You now have 1 point. The points keep trickling in, btw. So you go off and fight. You fight for a bit, but die. Over the course of the fight you managed to get 3 more RP. So you had 4 when you died.

When you respawn, you won't have enough to upgrade to LVL four again until you accumulate more points, either through the nano-juice extracting bulbous shaped things that go on resource nodes, or killing, or hives, or whatever.

However, if during the fighting you accumulated... oh.. say... 6 RP, you have 7 when you die, and will have enough to immediately evolve to LVL 4 when you respawn.

See?
  • Monkey_Lib_FrontMonkey_Lib_Front Join Date: 2002-05-02 Member: 567Members
    Sounds fine to me, makes u wanna fight and not pitch the tent and light the fire for a spot of camping.
  • GraheimGraheim Join Date: 2002-04-02 Member: 375Members
    So basically you keep the points you havn't spent.  So if I blow all my points on becoming a lvl. 5 and then get on the wrong end of 2 siege turrets before I earn any more, I have to start the next life as Bob with no points.

Conversely, if I hoard them up (let's not think about why you would do that, this is purely academic) and die as a Bob with 30 pts. to spend, I'll still have those 30 pts. in my next life?

Am I summing this up well?
  • Monkey_Lib_FrontMonkey_Lib_Front Join Date: 2002-05-02 Member: 567Members
    i think u got it there.
  • MoleculorMoleculor Namer-of-Bob Join Date: 2002-01-24 Member: 9Members
    Yes, that's it exactly Graheim.
  • MonsieurEvilMonsieurEvil Join Date: 2002-01-22 Member: 4Members, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    And another bad rumour is averted in the nick of time...
  • Bob_the_AlienBob_the_Alien Join Date: 2002-01-30 Member: 135Members
  • BFishmanBFishman Join Date: 2002-05-04 Member: 579Members
    The lvl4 Has 'Blink' teleporting abilities, right?

I wonder how this will be handled visually? i think it would be cool if over the span of 1/2 a second or so the model goes from full opacity to full transparency using the HL hologram method (i think the same that is being used for cloaking) -- like the holographic assistant from the HL hazard course. MMMm even if NS's gameplay sucks (i know it wont tho), it will be reveered for its HUGE advances to the HL engine's graphix department! yay! --- has anyone else noticed this, or is it just me: NS's visual enchancements and lighting and such are beginning to make some levels look a little quake 3-ish? Its Great!!!

For example ========> (NS_Hera)