Ns_complex

OlljOllj our themepark-stalking nightmare Fade Join Date: 2002-12-12 Member: 10696Members
texturing and lightning is too awfull to show screenhots.
lets explain the complex layout first:

blue = highest level
green = med level
red = lowest level
dot-lines = levels coss but dont touch each other
black lines = levels touch each other
white = hives
yellow = ressources
bright red (with white dot) and bright blue (with black dot) = Stitched ressource ***
purple = vents/weldables****

RR:
On the lower end the ready room is missing
CC:
There are 2 possible command consoles at the beginning (green room lower left and right). Marines have to choose.
Once choosen the other CC stays locked. (this works fine)
VENTS:
The 4 vents at the hives keep closed till a CC is choosen, then they can be opened and closed from inside the hive only. (necessary because they lead to quick hive siege places.
TOGGLED RESOURCES:
There are 2 systems of toggleable ressources; Red and blue. they work the same:
both systems have a door in (their color) next to their northern res.
This door is opened from the start.
if one of the ressources of one system gets build, that door closes.
Both ressources of one system are placed behind a seperate ressource locking door. if one door opens the other door will stay close and that ressource will stay locked for the rest of the game.
pic.gif 27.2K

Comments

• SlycasterSlycaster Limited Edition Join Date: 2002-01-24 Member: 24Members, NS1 Playtester
    One major thing you might want to look into is that NS maps don't support large mutli-level area's. Commander mode cannot see under these, and it impairs the vision of the Commander. Otherwise, i think it looks fine.
  • OlljOllj our themepark-stalking nightmare Fade Join Date: 2002-12-12 Member: 10696Members
    i know about htis. trust me, everything is fine.
  • KanatiKanati Join Date: 2002-11-18 Member: 9252Members, Constellation
    edited February 2003
    Does the resource turn off or just get locked behind a door? Couldn't you simply build both simultaneously? Wouldn't it be pretty easy and evil for some marine to simply go right when everyone else goes left at the start of the game, get locked in the room, and just veg their while the game is played; when the aliens finally defeat the marines he would simply have to wait until the aliens get frustrated and F4 for a win?
  • bicballbicball Join Date: 2002-11-23 Member: 9751Members
    Looks good and even, although I suggest makeing the bottom level more straight and not so rounded, one because it will require more brushes rounded like that, and two becuase its a spaceship and its more practical to make things straight.
  • HeistHeist Join Date: 2002-11-09 Member: 7922Members
    Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots. Oh and the layout is interesting. I really want to see how your commander "level switch" turns out.
  • OlljOllj our themepark-stalking nightmare Fade Join Date: 2002-12-12 Member: 10696Members
    when i say it works then it works!!!
    Ill tell how. this is a side wiew:

<!--c1--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>CODE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='CODE'><!--ec1-->
    cc1___presence1___door1___spawn___door2___presence2____cc2
    <!--c2--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--ec2-->
    door 1 and 2 are closed and both just openable with a trigger_once.
    when you open door1 or door2, both doors open.
    when you open door1 you kill the trigger presence2 and the trigger_once that could open door2.
    when you open door2 you kill the trigger presence1 and the trigger_once that could open door1.
    u cant reach the trigger_presences without opening the doors / without choosing first.
    So after the doors are open just one of the triggers works, the other is killed.

the locked cc stays behind his unreachable wall. there are also 2 func_nobuilds, one of them gets killed to allow building there.
  • HeistHeist Join Date: 2002-11-09 Member: 7922Members
    Never doubted.. Just sounds interesting.