Cilrais = Beautiful Map With Weird Bug

j0ej0e Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2840Banned
<div class="IPBDescription">heavy armor can't open doors??</div> i thikn the map is fantastic, but heavy armor guys can't open the doors for some reason. they can stand there and wait and press against them and press USE, anything, and they never open.

Comments

• OlljOllj our themepark-stalking nightmare Fade Join Date: 2002-12-12 Member: 10696Members
    On chilaris some doors open one way only (trigger presence is just on one side of the door)
    and all door`s triggers have a long deelay for retriggering.

This is because the map has more shortcuts than paths and you would need half as long from one hive to the CC without that doors.
  • j0ej0e Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2840Banned
    i don't think it's that. have you tested the doors under 1.04 as HA yourself? i was standing in front of a door for a LONG TIME (over a minute) waiting for it to open as HA, then when i went back after i had died (no armor) it opened right up.
  • BiTMAPBiTMAP Join Date: 2002-11-08 Member: 7685Members
    thats REALLY odd...
  • humb1edhumb1ed Join Date: 2002-10-06 Member: 1446Members
    edited January 2003
    For some reason doors have plagued this map, haha. In version 1216 I made the triggers too far from the door so that sometimes the trigger got screwed up and the door would stay open and then someone walking into the trigger would close the door! Which was okay for skulks who could run faster and get through the door before it closed but marines would try to go through the door and it would trigger shut on them. So in version 1229 I tried to replicate the function of the doors in eclipse, where the trigger is right up next to the door, but I had not heard of the problems with any doors in 1229, are there other problems still? Or does anyone have any idea why the heavies can't trigger the door, or was that just an isolated incident?
    Also, I don't remember making any doors one way, which are like that?
  • Sephiroth2kSephiroth2k Join Date: 2002-04-21 Member: 481Members, Constellation
    well, i like the map overall, but the pink lighting is OVERLY strong in several areas..
  • Count_ZenoCount_Zeno Join Date: 2003-01-26 Member: 12774Members
    edited January 2003
    <!--QuoteBegin--humb1ed+Jan 30 2003, 11:52 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (humb1ed @ Jan 30 2003, 11:52 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->So in version 1229 I tried to replicate the function of the doors in eclipse, where the trigger is right up next to the door, but I had not heard of the problems with any doors in 1229, are there other problems still? <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    We've been playing cilrais_1229 on a fairly regular basis (it looks like it will be moved onto the regular rotation soon). I have experienced a couple of problems with the doors, but they are sporadic and I don't know of any way to reproduce the effect. Mostly I've seen the doors in Torridity Control South and Core Entrance Elevator South either refuse to open or refuse to close. This has happened to light infantry and to Fades as well, so I don't think it is specific to HA. Usually when it happens you can leave the door trigger area for a few seconds and then it will work again.

BTW: We are still stuck on v1.03 due to the AdminMod/RedHat problems, so I can't tell you if things are different with the new patch.

Cheers
    Z
  • j0ej0e Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2840Banned
    i tried it again specifically to test the doors and they worked fine. so maybe it's an NS bug or something

regardless the map is great, i love it and will keep playing it